The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Cannot fill T-Case??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97gst_spyder

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 1, 2008
Lakeland, Florida
So I was attempting to fill the T-case with fluid last night but it wouldn't take any. As soon as I squirted some in there, it all came back out. I removed the drain plug, and there was a little left in there, just enough to start dripping.

Is there a certain way to fill them up? I'm at a complete loss on this one...

So take it out and fill it?

If thats the only 'true' way I'll do it.

This is exactly what was happening!

'Fill the unit keeping track of the amount of fluid going into it. If it backs up and looks full, install the fill plug and wait 10 minutes. Pull the fill plug back out a repeat until you are sure you have almost one full quart of oil in the t-case!'

What happens if it gets over-filled? Just excessive drag?

Stick a tube in there and get some fluid in it. Just for reference you are filling at front of the tcase? No insults, i just saw somebody once who had the drain plug for the tcase but was trying to use the fill plug for the transmission. Naturally the transmission was full.

When you drain it, sometimes there will be debris in the hold holding the old oil in there. Take a screw driver and scrape around the inside of the hole and see if it actually drains out. If there is oil in it than you will see a steady stream draining. I always just fill it with the front jacked up a little higher than the rear to get a little extra oil in there.

Stick a tube in there and get some fluid in it. Just for reference you are filling at front of the tcase? No insults, i just saw somebody once who had the drain plug for the tcase but was trying to use the fill plug for the transmission. Naturally the transmission was full.

Yep, the front 17mm, with OIL stamped into it.

I had the front of the car about a foot and a half in the air at one point attempting to fill the damn thing. But I might just pull it completely out to check it also.

Thanks for all the quick and helpful answers, AWD is something I've never dealt with before never mind an Auto AWD...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back