The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Can you How to on fcd or missing link?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sadc

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2008
Kapolei, Hawaii
I dont know if its possible. Ive seen some honda that can do it(not saying that hondas and dsm's are the same)BUT I was wondering If there is a how to, on how to make a FCD or even better, a missing link? Seen some pictures on the MAS and they made check valves on them. Think that was a honda though :( I was wondering if we can do the same??

The first picture is your MAP sensor (You don't have a MAS), the sensor on the right in the second picture is your IAT sensor. The vacuum tree on the left in the second picture provides a vacuum signal to cruise, EGR, etc.

Unless you have access to a mill, you can't make a missing link for this vehicle. The missing link must be installed between the MAP sensor and the manifold. If you look at how the MAP mounts to the manifold, you will see how you cannot use a simple check-valve for this.

The FCD if preferred over the ML due to its reliability. You can make your own FCD if you want, or you can just purchase one. Try SymTech Laboratories: Design, consulting, prototyping, and manufacturing.

Let me know if you want instructions on how to build your own FCD; but the SymTech FCD doesn't cost much more than one you'd build yourself, is solid, and has real support in the unlikely event you actually need it.
Can you still make your own fcd?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back