The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Built a phone mount for video taping speedometer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I modified it because I just didn't wanna use it very often (if ever) in the current format and certainly couldn't take it to the track like that. So here's what I did and used it at the track today. Can't see the speedo but maybe I can at night. The video is kinda, wavy??? If that's the word to describe it. But guessing it's the vibration? As soon as I get on the gas though it clears up.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

7.892 1/8th mile time - YouTube

maybe using the passenger seat headrest with an extendable arm seems a little better. using a bolt with a wing nut to fasten it at the location you want, and if you happen to get into an accident (knock on wood) throwing your body into it would just make it bend another direction.

Still dangerous. Get a roll bar, cage, or harness bar and attach a camera to that!

Well, I've decided passengers won't be in the car when it's in there. And 2, it's not where it can touch me. Unless I somehow move between the 2 seats, backwards, then around to the driver's side and have my neck go in it. Lol. It's sitting behind me and down low. Pics are deceiving I guess. But I dunno how I'd touch it.

Besides, it'll rarely EVER be in the car. Track days only basically. Maybe for tuning or just fun. But it's rare. I DO wanna see what it looks like at night so may use it once for that, but basically other than that, I won't be using it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back