The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Bought a Eclipse Spyder GST today

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l3igl3ang

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 10, 2005
ft smith, Arkansas
I finaly snagged me a 1998 eclipse spyder today for a very good price I think. Ive been wanting one for years now and found one in Tulsa Ok got it for 1,550 It has a FMIC on it hks bov a upgraded turbo not sure what brand it has a winny fuel pump so I figer its a whine-bro LOL and that's all the mods I can see from looking im not sure if it has any others the people I got it from bought it just to drive and didn't know nothing about the mods. abel racing there in Oklahoma city was the ones who done the work to the car. The car has a lot of problems exterior wise Dented fender and door, The ragtop wont open or close w/o ## help. passanger window wont go up stuff like that but nothing I cant fix. better then my dam money pit gsx which runs like crap and cant figure out what it is :mad:

Im not sure what turbo this has but I haven't seen one like it. it says TDOH5 I think is what it says on it.

Attachments

• 20140509_225148.jpg
    20140509_225148.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 20140509_225608.jpg
    20140509_225608.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 20140509_225457.jpg
    20140509_225457.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 20140509_225507.jpg
    20140509_225507.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 112
o yeah its a 5 speed which was nice cause most spyders I check all was auto

150k and its a 7bolt motor so I figer its the original motor. the battery is a everstart but its a 5 year warranty brand new figured that cost over 100 bucks or so

Runs great no Cell lights or nothing. it dosent seem to fast on speed though maybe cause im use to my gsx which was super fast. its a 1998 model it was probly repainted I believe. It has a apexi box in it as well I don't know what its for but when u turn the car off it stays running till it counts down 50 secs then shuts off.

Runs great no Cell lights or nothing. it dosent seem to fast on speed though maybe cause im use to my gsx which was super fast. its a 1998 model it was probly repainted I believe. It has a apexi box in it as well I don't know what its for but when u turn the car off it stays running till it counts down 50 secs then shuts off.

Thats called a turbo timer..It keeps the engine ideling for a period of time so oil doesnt cook inside the turbo and cause premature failure.

The turbo, you lucked out and someone replaced the t25 with a mits turbo(probbaly 14b/16g)..Thats a score right there :thumb:

Well since I got my gsx alrdy fast and a lot of money sunk into I think I will just leave the stuff on the spyder and call it good and change out the driver door and fender. I got another non running gst that I bought for parts its a light purple color so I would have to get it painted black. I wonder if its best to use this purple parts car for the door and fender and have some one paint it or try to buy a black door and fender from a parts yard or individual. Also I wonder how hard it is to rattle can the doors and fender if I get the right paint made up I know I did some rims on my yota truck and they turned out nice when I took my time and did it right lots of clear coat.

Yeah that turbo is a big extra score, I didnt see when you said tdoh5, the mani looks new too not all rusty looking.

nice 5 speed.

You can get factory color match paint in a spray can, now the question is was mits black used? If not a stock black door would not match. A good paint place should be able to match and put in cans for you. I think it would be a bit cheaper to paint yourself, but obviously more work.

yeah Monday I was going to goto sherem Williams and have them match the paint and put me some in a rattle can to paint the parts with I will be using this car for parts. I paid 1600 for the parts car I think I over paid. it dose have a few mods on it though. I figured since I need a door and fender that I would save money using the parts car rather then buying the parts used.

The spyder rear end is all over the road when hitting bumps and crossing bridges. Thats from the camber right? My gsx did it and i did a camber kit and fixed it but the tires was leaning it on it as to the spyder looks straight.

My spyder did that until I fixed the camber.. The camber directly affected the toe too, which in return had given me a sloppy rear end in slow and rain.

Congrats that's a good fine. And also looks like a 14b/16g. Bring her back to life.

No no rear sway bar from what I can tell. I will check the camber. Also how fast do u think the car should be? with the mods on it. From what I seen there's a 14b/16g turbo a FMIC and HKS bov. The car will boost about 7psi which seems low to me its not very fast at all. What would I need to make it faster. I belive even with the mods on it it should be faster then what it is. I think I need to put a boost controller on it just don't know how or what to hook it to. My gsx has a electronic one and it was alrdy setup. I have never used a manuel boost controller but I have one that came with the parts car I will upload a pic of it and see if we cant get that booger hooked up for I can set it to 10 or 12 psi's

Hey man nice gst. I bought my 99 GST for 2k. Also black on black with black leather interior. 190,000 on original 7 bolt block/ tranny. Nice find.

Awesome find brutha congrats . Now its time to start spending lots of money on parts !! enjoy if you need any help don't hesitate we are all here and would love to help with your build .

Im fixing to buy another spyder tomorrow for 500 bucks its been wrecked in the front its a non turbo has good motor and tranny 136k I mainly buying it for the top it has a new top on it and also the cage cause my cage on my spyder is broke and wont close on its own. Also will use a few other parts off it and try to sell rest. I found another really nice spyder for 1000 that just needs the motor I was thinking of buying it to and putting the motor from the $500 car in it then selling it. What do u guys think I could get for a good running n/t spyder? Or would It be worth the time do the motor swap.

Thats what I did. I wanted a new black top and bought a 2nd Awd Spyder roller for 500.00. Had a brand new top on it. And a new 10pt cage with it uninstalled. Used the top off of it and sold the rest off. Made 4k on that one.

I would talk the other guy down to around 500. Then swap the 2.4 into it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back