1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Bottom end rebuild kit

Posted by numbertwelve, Feb 22, 2012

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. numbertwelve

numbertwelve Proven Member

Joined Oct 6, 2010
    Crawfordville, Florida
    Was wondering if anyone knows a good bottom end rebuild kit for the 4g63 7 bolt blocks. Just looking for a stock rebuild kit

259  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Supporting Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan

8K  5

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. numbertwelve

Joined Oct 6, 2010
    Crawfordville, Florida
    ive looked im only finding all the individual gaskets / seals and bearings. i would like to buy it all at once instead of having to buy each piece individually. I did find a bottom end kit from dsm graveyard but it comes with new connecting rods and a new crank and unfortunately i don't need those.

259  0

manual · 2G DSM
  4. 4cedFed

4cedFed Proven Member

Joined Jan 21, 2012
    Orlando, Florida
    I'd buy OEM or better.. Expecially in something so critical as engine internals..

Unless you want them melting away under boost.

5K  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  5. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Supporting Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Piece it together if you cant find a kit, lots of information online about parts, and rebuild options, parts are everywhere for stock and upgraded parts..

8K  5

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  6. thomyd

thomyd Proven Member

Joined Jun 15, 2007
    Savannah, Georgia
    jnz tuning offers a kit, just make sure you stay with oem gaskets you will be glad you did and your driveway will thank you too

7. zack13277

zack13277 Proven Member

Joined Feb 11, 2012
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    There is a kit a lot of people recommend it on Ebay from mizzumo. he has a engine kit with pistons rings and crank bearings and every gasket for the engine for $325. Does anyone know if those pistons are alright and not really cheap?

210  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 1G DSM
  8. numbertwelve

Joined Oct 6, 2010
    Crawfordville, Florida
    atm there is nothing wrong with my block i warped my cylinder head but figured i would go ahead and replace the bearings new seals / gaskets. just wanting to buy them at once.

259  0

manual · 2G DSM