The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Top End/Bottom End Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSX'er587

15+ Year Contributor
May 9, 2004
Novi, Michigan
I was just curios as to what engine parts technically consist of the top end as well as the bottom end. I wanted to do a rebuild in the near future anyone have any good set ups or reccomendations? I hear 1g pistons with 2g rods holds some good hp. Thanks guys

Awesome thanks man. What is considered the "top end" and the "bottom end"???

the bottom end is from the bottom of the cylinders down. the top end is the cylinders and up such as the cylinders, pistons, head, cams, so on

Top end = Head and all of its components.

Bottome end = Block and rotating assembly (Crank, rods, pistons ETC.)

Just hink of the head gasket as the boarder between tops end and bottom end.

Ok is it just me or did you guys just contradict yourselves?? Anyways if i wanted to do a rebuild what could you guys reccomend?

GSX'er587 said:
Ok is it just me or did you guys just contradict yourselves?? Anyways if i wanted to do a rebuild what could you guys reccomend?

Depends on what your going for really. Do you plan on making 400 sum hp, or just a simple stock rebuild. Or do you want a drag car. It all depends on what you want.

When i say rebuild i was hoping to be able to hold a good amount of horse. My set up now is a b16g, 255lph fuel pump, extrememotorsports intercooler pipes, 1st gen crushed BOV, full 3 in exhaust, 3 in downpipe, fipk, boost controller set to 16psi. I wanna be able to get a good amount of hp wth injectors and tuning so id say prolly round 20psi. I know the stock head and motor are reliable but if its gonna be re done anyways i misewell slightly build it. The bottom end i think im gonna go with 1g rods with 2g pistons and new valves. Also prolly a 4 layer metal headgasket and ARP head studs. Any other reccomendations? Thanks again

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back