The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

borg warner turbo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I actually just went ahead and ordered this bad boy from the guys at BEP.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i am really looking forward to seeing how it performs. It is replacing my 60-1 on a 2.0 7bolt that will be running Comp 200 cams and that's it.

Martin shouldn't you have had that on by now.... ;)

Whys is that Martin?! You don't have it on yet? You slacker. :tease:

Its cause of me, damn that reminds me, its being dropped off today Martin, I cant beleive I keep forgetting, I even put it on my passenger carpet.....Going now...

JDNSBR said:
Whys is that Martin?! You don't have it on yet? You slacker. :tease:

I have been waiting for this thing but the guys at BEP have been busy with some cool projects and IPT was not helping the situation much either and the smug bastard has to rub it in. :notgood:

ROFL

some more eye candy.

I'm actually thinking about trying out a MAFT II to see how it does with this setup. Trying to find a setup that will make 500whp on pump with alky with out going AEM or DSMLink. No reason in particualr, just trying to find a way to make it a good value for the average joe.

Attachments

• turbo1.jpg
    turbo1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 879
  • turbo2.jpg
    turbo2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 887
  • turbo3.jpg
    turbo3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 888
Cool, another biggie stage eleventeen turbo in a too small turbine housing with an internal. Can't wait to see all the kiddies spend all their milk money on this badboy so they can finally run 12s.

the reason i got this turbo the way i did is because i wanted to show how it will perform on most DSM's (stock motor, cams, fuel and the basics) This is going on a 2g with 100k on the clock, 7-bolt, Comp 200 cams, with all supporting mods (tuning tool undecided.)

Once i feel i have gotten the best i can out of it i will call Dave and Dan and get a large T3 housing and run it on a full T3 setup.

www.straightlinespecialties.com has been doing a lot of testing on these turbos too. They seem to be very happy with them also. Like the vendors that have replied in this thread, I am sure SLS would be more than willing to give their opinion.

lasertim said:
www.straightlinespecialties.com has been doing a lot of testing on these turbos too. They seem to be very happy with them also. Like the vendors that have replied in this thread, I am sure SLS would be more than willing to give their opinion.

I get aggrivated when ever someone mentions that "test". I like how they convieniently put the graph of a maxed out s200 turbo (30+psi) up againt a t67 at 25psi to make the s200 look awesome. Stepping up to the t67 car yeields 50more whp at the same boost in exchange for 500rpm later spool. Too bad they don't have those graphs overlayed.... :notgood:

nanokpsi said:
I get aggrivated when ever someone mentions that "test". I like how they convieniently put the graph of a maxed out s200 turbo (30+psi) up againt a t67 at 25psi to make the s200 look awesome. Stepping up to the t67 car yeields 50more whp at the same boost in exchange for 500rpm later spool. Too bad they don't have those graphs overlayed.... :notgood:

I am not going to disagree or agree with you because I dont have the knowledge to argue it. I mainly posted the link for people to contact them and actually talk to them about the product not just look at pics posted on the net.

PRESSURIZED said:
Wow, full boost at over 6000rpm.

On a 1.8l motor and on the dyno (not full load on the motor). If you compared the 25psi graphs you would see the shape of the power curve to be similar too, just starting a little bit later.

I don't believe that it was SLS who did the test though.

nanokpsi said:
I don't believe that it was SLS who did the test though.

Just call Nick over at SLS. Why would he say that he did the test if he really didn't??

I just got a S200 from BEP this week and have taken a bunch of pictures of it against a TO4B V-trim with a P-trim turbine wheel that I have.

This picture is of the compressor covers. You can see the difference between the 3" inlet on the T04B and the 4" inlet on the S200 cover.

Also notice the close up of the Map Width Enhancement groove on the inside of the inlet.

Attachments

• DSC00667.JPG
    DSC00667.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 705
  • DSC00668.JPG
    DSC00668.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 702
This second set of pictures is of the compressor wheels and with closeups of the Borg-Warner Extended Tip Technology. You can see how the tip of the compressor wheel sticks out over the back plate of the compressor wheel.

Also notice the blade tip height. The Borg-Warner unit is around 1-3/8" where the V-trim and most other older compressor wheels are around 1".

You can also see that S200 has a groove around the seal plate for an O-ring seal.

(This one was missing because according to David at BEP this unit was a show piece that he took with him to some shop to show them and it was damaged pulling off the compressor cover so much. They are sending me a replacement O-ring.)

Attachments

• DSC00676.JPG
    DSC00676.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 887
  • DSC00675.JPG
    DSC00675.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 898
  • DSC00674.JPG
    DSC00674.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 902
  • DSC00669.JPG
    DSC00669.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 901
This last set of pics is of the turbine wheel. The V-trim has a Gen 3 P-trim turbine wheel on it. The turbine wheels are very close to being the same size. They are both 11 bladed turbine wheels. The S200 turbine wheel blades seem to be alittle bit more open than the P-trim. It is really hard to tell with the clipping that is on the Gen 3 turbine wheel.

The hub where the blades come off on the S200 seems to be alittle nicer.

Attachments

• DSC00670.JPG
    DSC00670.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 678
  • DSC00672.JPG
    DSC00672.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 697
IPT said:
Just call Nick over at SLS. Why would he say that he did the test if he really didn't??

Then I must be mistakesn. If Nick is the one that made the page then I think his "comparison" sucked.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back