The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Boost leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4everboosted

Proven Member
Dec 6, 2013
Butler, Pennsylvania
I have a 98 gsx that won't boost. It's like it hits rev. Limiter it just won't go anymore right as it should hit boost then if I back off it's normal again, but when I shift I can hear the bov. Big evo3 turbo, 850cc injectors, walbro 255. I did a boost leak test and all I can hear is oil in the crankcase bubbling and a ton of air leaking somewhere in the area of the throttle body/ intake manifold. However I cannot feel any air leaking anywhere. Is that normal to hear that there? Also my turbo does have some shaft play up and down and side to side so I'm going to order a new one before I drive the car anymore but I can't see that being the problem.

I know any leaks aren't good but I'm saying should the system actually hold pressure? Because I would think it would leak past the intake valves and is it normal to hear the oil bubble? And is it normal to hear it leaking in the throttle body area? Idk what that would even be. Also what does tb stand for?

Ah I see you mean throttle body by tb. Is it normal to hear any air leak during a boost leak test I guess is my question. And should the system stay pressurized and hold air. I put in 10 lbs and it leaks right off.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back