The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Boost Leak Test Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay1892

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 1, 2010
Everett, Washington
I tested directly into my T-25, pushing around 20 lbs, removed my pcv valve. Didn't check to see if I was top dead center. Used soapy water.
When I tested it, I didn't remove my oil cap.
I continued to hear air surging through my valve cover.

Is this a seriour issue or is it normal?

Well i would imagine a valve was open when you did the test. Did you hear the air surge through the valve cover gasket? I would assume if you did that you also see oil coming from your valve cover gasket. It wouldnt be a serious issue assuming valves are open.

I would check to see that you have the spark plug gaskets on your valve cover, might be the source of the air.

I would check to see that you have the spark plug gaskets on your valve cover, might be the source of the air.

Is this even a serious response? Please explain to me what in the hell spark plug well gaskets would have to do with air entering the crank case during a boost leak test... Here I think you should read this " http://www.howstuffworks.com/engine.htm " before you make another post it might help you

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back