The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Bolting on a 14B or EvoIII

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daltah

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2002
phoenix, Arizona
If I were to bolt on a 14B turbo would I need to get new injectors, fuel pump ect to run 15psi? I want to get around 300 crank hp without doing a lot of different mods and tuning. I already have basic bolt ons.

Can you? We have no idea. Get a logger, do a pull and see for yourself. Every car is different, i.e. I can't run 15 psi on a EVO 8 FP and 14b without knocking, others can get away with 18 psi. It's all different. Get a logger, 'nuff said.

You'd be safe with a 190 pump and a set of 550's of 650's. The cheapest/easiest tuning package is an SAFC to tune and a pocketlogger to monitor your engine.

Jesse's correct. You really need data-capturing software or a good set of gauges to really tell what your car is doing. The quick answer is that you PROBABLY won't need new injectors. You will WANT a larger fuel pump. To get a 14b near 300hp you will need to do a lot of tuning, regardless.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back