1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G block question

Posted by bmw335ikt, Jun 11, 2016

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. bmw335ikt

bmw335ikt Proven Member

Joined Sep 23, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiana
    ok i have a 97 eclipse gsx its a 7 bolt block with the main washer that have the trust washers connected. my build date is 10/96. my block is cracked so i need a new 7 bolt block i found a couple i just dont know if a 98 or 99 block would work or even a older 7 bolt block would work

please help i need to buy a 7 bolt block this week

Thanks

2. Gstclipse69

Gstclipse69 Proven Member

Joined Jun 30, 2006
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Yes a 98 or 99 7 bolt block will work. Where did your block crack?

601  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  3. Archer Fabrications

Archer Fabrications Supporting Vendor

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    You can use any year block from a 4g63 dsm 90-99, if you want to keep your harness the same just keep the head the same. If tou end up going with a 6bolt though there are a couple other things upu need to change, which is well Documented on the fourms if thats the route you end up taking.

Also curious how and where the block cracked.

417  7

2006 Evo 9 MR
    awd · manual · Lancer Evolution
  4. dexterholland04

dexterholland04 Proven Member

Joined Jan 1, 2007
    Rush, New York
    You can use the same crank, as long as it is good. When you buy main bearings: buy the ones for the new block. If you get an early or 1G 7-bolt, get the early bearings. If you find another revised 7-bolt, then buy the split thrust main bearing set.

3K  5

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    10.1 @ 149.02 · 2G DSM
    Archer Fabrications likes this.