The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Blew head gasket now what for a rebuild?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick_n_ii

Probationary Member
Jul 5, 2010
Burtchville Twp, Michigan
Well I was sitting in traffic today and the car started to over heat. I got moving but it kept climbing. Little did I know it had blown the upper rad hose off.

By the time it had die and I got off the road it was spraying Oil and Coolant out between the block and head.

It's a '92 Laser RS Non-Turbo...

So I think it will get it's build now for sure. The goal is a 10 second car. Build time frame about 12 months.

So whats the best way to get what I want and where is the best place to buy my parts.

Do I turbo? NOS? Stroke? or any combo of these?

It will be a ground up rebuild so what direction should I go with this?

You can use your block and crank and use forged turbo parts. You can also get a new 100mm crank and go with a stroker in your block. Go from there but you should be able to use some of your parts that you already have to save some money. if it is going to be a track queen, then go with the stroker and a pair of slicks:)

I plan to reuse my block and rework the head if it's not trashed..

I want it to be something I can drive on the road, strip or road course..

Well I bought another Laser RS for parts.

it's a '93. Has some body parts I need and a running motor. So I'll swap that in for now and rebuild my motor into a stroker and with a nice Turbo..

And just for info, the car before the engine died was a 12 second car.

Found out a buddy of mine took it to the track 1 day while head had it..

I'd upgrade the turbo, stay away from nitrous. Everyone gets greedy and bumps up the shot.....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back