The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Best Alternator for a 2g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielsl1999gsx

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2009
los angles, California
Hey guys, been looking around and i need help deciding what alternator i should buy for my 2g. My current one is an OEM unit that has served me well, but it finally took a dump on me. I was reading that Galant alternator are rated at a higher amp (90?) in stead of the 75 mine currently puts out. This also goes for 2g spiders A/T? Then saturn alternators are also a good option from what i read. However the block needs to be grinded down in order to fit and best done when the motor is out. So i think that option is out for me. So i think my options are the galant/spider unit. What part number do i need for the 90 amp galant/2g spider that will fit my 97 2g 5spd GSX 4-pin connector. I have a 6 bolt but dont think that changes anything.

Not really looking to move my alternator since i plan on putting a/c back soon.

Why do you want the higher output unit?

I was in your shoes awhile back. Switching to a high output Bosch unit was a terrible mistake. I'm back to the OEM unit, as far as I'm concerned it's the best choice unless you've got some very good reason to change.

I bought a Denso 90 amp a couple years back and haven't looked back since. I thought it was a wise investment.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back