The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Beater

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As mentioned before, the car needs allot of work.

-Driver lock doesn't match key
-Turn signals and hazards fuse keeps blowing
- Driver side inside door handle broken
- Passenger side exterior handle broken
- Passenger lock missing
- Wiper switch end broken
- Driver side, no power locks
- Missing Alarm FOB
- No AC
- Leaking from transaxle?
- Driver window is unstable, very loose
- Deleted Emissions
- Might be missing Cat (I can't tell if there's a high flow built into the 3 inch exhaust)
- External O2 dump (wayyy too loud for a daily driver)
-BOV (which I love but I need to pass emissions and that sound would auto fail me)
-CV axle boot ripped, prob have bad joint now too.
- lowered suspension on 18's (so stiff af, gotta raise and soften suspension and toss some thick 245 tires on there)
- Shifter is several inches lower then stock (Very comfortable height but the missing leverage makes it slightly tough to shift around)

Those are all the things that are detrimental to getting her acceptable to be my Daily Driver. I guess there's allot of cosmetic things too, the hood, hatch, bumper and trunk is horribly painted matte black that's peeling. Clear coat it gone on the roof and high/wide spots. And the interior needs seats repaired and several small pieces missing are missing.

Yesterday I went to the junk yard and pulled what I could find. I pulled a super smooth shift lever I'm hoping will fit, pins to redo the locks, emblems, a replacement lock, extra defroster button, um I think that was it...
I ordered online the replacement inside/outside handles, some heavy shock and a Haynes manual for the car.

More to come ✋🤓💜

So I've been quite busy with work but have spent whatever free time I have piecing her back together.
Every little thing takes so long to do, having to figure out how it's supposed to be but I'm crushing them out one at a time. Also not having a garage really slows down the process too, having to go elsewhere to work on it.

But ya, I've
-rekeyed the locks
- replaced the rear view that was tarnished horribly
-replaced driver inside door handle
-replaced broken lock sensor
- replaced the window supports
- replaced all the missing plastic caps/ covers around the car, minus one rear strut cover that I haven't sourced yet
- installed missing rubber pieces for the doors, hood and the ones that plug the bottom of the wheel well
- installed a new trunk/gas tank levers
- re-secured the body kit back to the car
- found the turn signal/hazard short (only took me two days and a dozen #10 Fuses 😅)
- installed new 12v/cig lighter
-
I'm sure there's more I'm missing 😅 and looking at that list it doesn't look like much and probably wouldn't take one of you more then a few hours to do it all but I am still learning the ways of the DSM. It's just like when I first got my last car, a VW, took me an hour+ to put it in the service position the first time but by the time I sold it, I could get it there in less then 15 mins 🤣

I've spent allot of time driving around sourcing all the missing stuff. I've been to several yards out here where and it's crazy to me how many other dsm'ers I've been meeting. Every time I go, 3-4 people come by to pick the car in the few hours I'm there.

But ya, this weekend I hope to install the recirculator o2 housing, replace the broken gas gauge/ needle, replace the driver side cv boot that exploded or something (haven't gotten the wheel off yet), get the emissions installed (I think I have everything as of today) and drain and refill tcase.

🖖🤓💜

Good progress indeed. Have you looked into the maintenance service and timing belt. Also I would just replace the whole axle instead of th cv boot. No success

I appreciate the support homie🙏🤓
I figure I must have busted up a joint down there to have busted the boot, it's just when I went to take the wheels off, turns out they had a special key I had to go buy. Then when had the key, I realized my jacks didn't go that low 😅 But when I do get down there, I'll be inspecting and replacing as needed. I caught the explosion of grease into the rim within a few miles of when it happened and have not been driving the car since, not to make it worse. But most likely you're right and ill probably just have to replace the whole axle 💯

The car has a six bolt in there with 5k miles since, so I'm assuming the belts been taken care of. But it has been on my mind and I've asked the previous owner but haven't gotten a response yet as far as the engine. I do know for sure the Trans and rear diff have been serviced recently but that's about it.
Any more suggestions are welcomed 🖖🤓🙏

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back