The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Bcs Pin # 11 (dsmlink v3 boost controller help)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keltalon

Supporting VIP
Jun 29, 2003
Luthersville Ga, Atlanta, Georgia
I am in the process of installing the IR boost controller on my car and in the middle of the install I come to find out that the previous owner cut the wiring harness and therefore I am having a difficult time locating the wires that went to the stock bcs. after researching I've located the color of the wire which is red/yellow and goes back to the ecu pin #11.

Here is my question if I run a wire back to pin 11 to one side of the boost solenoid what pin do I run the other wire to? Is pin 11 a ground pin or power pin. I look at the 2g ecu diagram and it shows pin 12 which is red to be a power source pin should the other wire hook to pin 12? Help with this would be appreciated:D

The RED/YEL wire goes to pin 11 on the ECU and the RED wire goes to a 12v power source.

Engine Controls 1

Engine Controls 2

You can follow the RED wire around the above diagrams coming from the 'turbocharger wastegate solenoid valve' on the bottom of page 1 to get an idea of where you can tap into the harness.

:dsm:

The RED/YEL wire goes to pin 11 on the ECU and the RED wire goes to a 12v power source.

Engine Controls 1

Engine Controls 2

You can follow the RED wire around the above diagrams coming from the 'turbocharger wastegate solenoid valve' on the bottom of page 1 to get an idea of where you can tap into the harness.

Exactly what I needed:thumb: Thanks mucho!

check out my log and tell be what looks to be wrong I been messing with this thing all day with no success. I have checked and doubled checked and everything seems to be in order but its still not working perhaps I have overlook something minor. Also the tab to test the bcs is not allowing me to test the solenoid is this normal? any help is appreciated thanks!

Attachments

• boost.elg
    45.6 KB · Views: 59
I think I found the problem ecu needs to be repaired.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388933619945.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388933619945.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 121
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388933631942.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388933631942.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 116
I'm not the one to talk to about the BCS working, I still use a MBC and haven't had to tune a DSM with a BCS yet. Those pictures don't look good though...

I know you're not asking for a tune critique but that VE table needs some serious help. Your AFR's are great throughout the pull but because your VE table is so wrong your airflow numbers are inflated. A well tuned car will have AFREst/WB AFR's line up as well as BoostEst/MAP...

Because of this you're logging 49.9lbs/min but in reality you're flowing approx. 34.1lbs/min.

I'm not the one to talk to about the BCS working, I still use a MBC and haven't had to tune a DSM with a BCS yet. Those pictures don't look good though...

I know you're not asking for a tune critique but that VE table needs some serious help. Your AFR's are great throughout the pull but because your VE table is so wrong your airflow numbers are inflated. A well tuned car will have AFREst/WB AFR's line up as well as BoostEst/MAP...

Because of this you're logging 49.9lbs/min but in reality you're flowing approx. 34.1lbs/min.

Although I haven't tune her yet tune critics are welcomed. :thumb: How do I get the ve right?

At this point I don't even know if it's worth the trouble retuning it because the AFR's are lined up. To get the VE table right it would mean increasing injector globals to what the injectors are actually flowing and then completely redoing the VE table.

At this point I don't even know if it's worth the trouble retuning it because the AFR's are lined up. To get the VE table right it would mean increasing injector globals to what the injectors are actually flowing and then completely redoing the VE table.

Yeah I just may spend the time and get them right.

The ecu has been sent in for the repair. Dmertz from link forums say that its common with an ecu with more than 15 yrs of service on it:cool: I told him I am trying to get 15 more years out of it!

Got the ecu back today and the driver damaged in the pic was the isc motor driver. I got an email yesterday that the bcs and fps driver was also bad both drivers were fixed. I also replaced the isc motor the car idles better than it ever had. This boost control feature in dsmlink v3 is the best thing that has ever happened to boost control I am loving it:D Ecmtuning thanks a million!!!!!:thumb:

Ain't it though? It really is the s**t especially for us fwd guys :) Congrats on getting it fixed!

The thing that gets me is I can't figure out why, with all the research i do in choosing parts, why in the heck I waited so long. Friends have been trying to get me to switch for for over a year;) it is unbelivable really how awesome of a feature it is. I have tried boost by gear as well as just plain out setting the boost to a certain boost level and both works as intended. Now I have to choose a setting that's just right for the way the 6266 spools on the fwd dsm and it will be gravy:cool:

car idles great since the isc driver was repairedLOL

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/m85S0KlZeNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

what do you thimk about this log I spent some time to get it right and now car run better. Boost is at wastegate spring pressure and 93 octane gas

Attachments

• gas tune matching!.elg
    15 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back