The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Bad fuel pressure regulator?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

https://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/v3narrowbandsim
https://www.sixsigmatuning.com/wideband-o2-sensor-info

Remember, the fpr issue appears to be separate from the wide band issue. I would fix the fpr and then look into the wb. If you weren't 4 hours away, i would totally help out. Everhone has their own way of the switch point.

I appreciate it! Yeah sucks your on the other side of PA. I did read the ECM article you just sent about the wb. Mine acts just as that says bounces all over the place from good to lean back and fourth quickly as I’m sure you saw in the log I posted. So maybe to fix that I need to adjust my o2 feedback rate? Mine are the stock values at 4 and 10. I’m guessing that could be an issue right there. It says to try some higher values to slow the adjustment rate a little. I also have the “AEM wideband gauge” as my connected sensor in the rear o2 input....but there are like 4 options for AEM wideband. How can I be sure I have the right one selected? I still have the stock front o2 hooked up as well up front in the downpipe.

as far as the fuel issues goes I’ve got a few options. I put a post on the FB group as well and I’m seeing all kinds of things but it seems like a few people think the return is so to small for this setup.

I appreciate it! Yeah sucks your on the other side of PA. I did read the ECM article you just sent about the wb. Mine acts just as that says bounces all over the place from good to lean back and fourth quickly as I’m sure you saw in the log I posted. So maybe to fix that I need to adjust my o2 feedback rate? Mine are the stock values at 4 and 10. I’m guessing that could be an issue right there. It says to try some higher values to slow the adjustment rate a little. I also have the “AEM wideband gauge” as my connected sensor in the rear o2 input....but there are like 4 options for AEM wideband. How can I be sure I have the right one selected? I still have the stock front o2 hooked up as well up front in the downpipe.

as far as the fuel issues goes I’ve got a few options. I put a post on the FB group as well and I’m seeing all kinds of things but it seems like a few people think the return is so to small for this setup.

Are you using the stock return line? If you are, then that can certainly be a factor. I would suggest using the factory feed as your return. At least to test it. Then run for testing only, long hose to the rail for feed. But just to prove the return is to small. Roger?

My wideband is a aem also in link. I have it set up as a linear wideband rather than using there options to choose from. I believe my switchpoint is 2.8. If you are simulating narrowband, you can adjust your switch point until the afr est and gauge are pretty darn close.

If you pm me a long idle log, with minimal throttle I can look further. If you have a fuel pressure gauge/sensor, use the mdp imput to log fuel in link. Itll also help trouble shoot.

Are you using the stock return line? If you are, then that can certainly be a factor. I would suggest using the factory feed as your return. At least to test it. Then run for testing only, long hose to the rail for feed. But just to prove the return is to small. Roger?

My wideband is a aem also in link. I have it set up as a linear wideband rather than using there options to choose from. I believe my switchpoint is 2.8. If you are simulating narrowband, you can adjust your switch point until the afr est and gauge are pretty darn close.

If you pm me a long idle log, with minimal throttle I can look further. If you have a fuel pressure gauge/sensor, use the mdp imput to log fuel in link. Itll also help trouble shoot.

yup im using the stock feed and return line right now. im going to send you a pm

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back