1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Awd problem

Posted by adamek125, Dec 1, 2008

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. adamek125

adamek125 Probationary Member

Joined Feb 9, 2008
    Gdansk(POL)/Ireland, Europe
    Hello, maybe its a lame question, but i have a problem with my 92 awd tsi. When the car ( as all components i mean ) is cold it seems that it's only fwd, I have just finished some mods, and we tried to dyno the car, at first the dyno didn't recognized it as awd, because the speed between the axles was much different, when the car got warmed up enough to be checked, it was normally awd, any ideas? WTF

p.s.
    -The dyno IS awd
    -no mods done to driveshaft/axles/tranny etc.

244  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  2. ->PrOjEcTGS<-

->PrOjEcTGS<- Proven Member

Joined Oct 14, 2002
    , Missouri
    Could be the Viscous Coupler going out...

3. adamek125

adamek125 Probationary Member

Joined Feb 9, 2008
    Gdansk(POL)/Ireland, Europe
    Any chance of reanimation the old one? or replace the whole thing? i don't have the car "with me" right now so i have no clue how and what might be broken...

244  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM