The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Automotive touch up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD-Tony

Proven Member
Sep 11, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
Anyone deal with automotivetouchup? I painted my door covers and side skirts but the colors are off so I sent them a test card that comes in their package. Have heard back from them yet but the color is too white.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Free tip when dealing with automotivetouchup. It takes some time if your color doesn't match, maybe 2 or 3 weeks. They supply your order with a test card that you should spray first and count how many coats you need to cover the card. Then you need to clear the card as well. Their paint is lacquer based so you need lacquer based clear as well (Dupli-color). Do this first because if it doesn't match, they require the card be sent to them. From there it takes about a week to get a "sample" to recheck. I should have the sample paint tomorrow.

FYI, if you have an Orielly's Auto Parts, mine does paint matching from the store and mixes it right then. They even do matching for vinyl or plastic parts. I had my son take his Camaro interior pieces in and they matched his RED interior color and put it into spray cans. Of course, you could buy it in a qt or whatever amount you needed.
I don't know that ALL of those stores do it, but if they mix paint, I bet they can match it too.
(I use their paint scales to weigh my rods and pistons :sneaky:).
Just wanted you to know.
Marty

There is an O O Oriellys by me but I rarely go there. The entrance ramp sucks so I avoid going there unless I’m in my jeep or they have something I can’t get anywhere...that’s the only place I found a new brake master. Advance is right around the corner and the guys there usually hook me up so it’s prob my go to for certain thing. But they don’t mix paint. Good to know orielly does. I’ll look into them next time. Once I paint the door covers and side skirts, hood will be next if I decide to tackle it. Thanks Marty!!:thumb:

Anytime my friend!!! :thumb:
It may be good info for others to know.

My Oriellys store has a reader that they put on the color and it tells them what to mix, so see what your local place has to do paint matching. They may be the same or they may be different. Ours is pretty dam close.

White can also be a very tough color to match. Look at any white car on the road and the front and rear bumpers are always slightly off, even from the factory. You may be better off going to a real body shop and having them mix the paint.

I'm getting a refund from automotivetouchup since Oriellys has 8oz cans. I just called them and they don't have a mixer.
Sorry to hear that. A body shop should have that capability as mentioned by @silvreclips . Best of luck!!!

I agree paint on plastic fades differently from metal. Think 2g are worse than 1g when it comes to fade. I’ll check a body shop if Oriellys doesn’t match. Do you guys know what body shops normally charge?

Little fade on mine but not bad

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back