The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

automatic to manual swap....rear end?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njc1064

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
ok, ive read that the rearends need swapped.....so what am i looking at here? I have the car that all the manual components came from and it does have the rear end....do i just need to switch diffs.?

Yes swap the diffs. You also need to swap all the CV shafts they are different from the auto's to the manuals.

what kind of time is this going to take? and the wiring....i used the harness from my donor car, the manual.....do i need to do any other wiring

I did the swap in my 1G and it was worth it, but it was a pain to get the rear diff into the car. You might need some help. Mine had to wedge up into place.

How important is it to swap the wiring harness? I didn't, but I am changing the ECU and injectors. I also plan to switch to a small 16g or the stock TD05H. I have the crappy TD04.

TjToo

how can i tell if my other rear end is lsd? also, it should be somewhat easy with 2 people?

I'm not sure about the lsd part, but I don't think it'll be too hard with two people. As long as you get both of you lifting and tilting, or one guy working the jack and the other tilting. Mine wedged up into place, and I did it by myself.

TjToo

all done! Not too bad really.....took me a couple hours but no major problems.....thanks for all the help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back