The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Audio Install Help Please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxer_05

Probationary Member
May 1, 2004
brockton, Massachusetts
For anyone with car audio knowledge, here's one to ponder for ya. I plugged in all of my wires from what it seems, the ground wire is grounded correctly, the remote wire is in, the subwoofer is connected, but for some reason, the sun doesn't work yet. I have a Sony deck CDX-F7770 and the sub is a Volfenhag 12", the amp is, sadly, a no name brand. I know the amp works because before I ran the wire to the battery, i ran it outside the car and it worked. I take it back inside and tuck some of the wires, and it doesn't work. Can somebody possibly suggest something to me in regards to what to look for now? I did check the positive - negative thing and that's all cool. I checked all the fuses, they're all cool. I just don't get it. :notgood:

Get a multimeter if you do not have one, and check your ground from your amp to a part of the chassis. Should be under an ohm.
If it's good, use the ground to measure for 12V DC to the power in on the amp.
If that is good turn on the head unit and check for 12V DC on the remote. If that is good it's something with the amp.

well...i'm thinking that maybe there is a pinched wire somewhere of some sort because the ground is down and working, among the other wires that are there. The amp doesn't have anything as far as lights to signify that it would be on, but i hear the power turn on so I know its on in that sense. I checked all the wires, they all seem to be in, it really doesn't make much sense to me. Why would it work when I didn't have all the wires tucked and stuff and then not work when i tuck everything and all. Maybe i should check all the wires to see if they're cut in any way but it really doesn't make much sense.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back