The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

ATT: Spyder Owners!! Speakers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VENOM

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2003
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
I know there is tons of write ups about speakers for our cars, and thats exactly why its pointless for me to look threw it, theres to much to fined out something so small, so I just wanted to get my answer directly and Im sure some one could help me out quick, or with some of your opinions would also help as well. Thanks

Im looking to replace all the speakers in the car, I have the infinity sound system it orginally came with as well as the head unit. Im NOT looking to replace the head unit, but thinking about changing the stock infinity amp once I replace the stock speakers. I remeber reading some time ago that I would have to get some thing to hook up to the stock head unit in order for me to use after market speakers and amp. Another quesition is what speakers to use, theres so many companys out there. I have a Spyder so the when the top is down, sound travels so I want some good speakers all around that FIT. I know fitment issues for the rear are a problem, but Im not holding back from cutting. And I also have a litebar so I loose alot more room back there. Not installing subs yet, so any info on your current setups or what you would want. Looking to spend from $600-1000(maybe more or less all depends) on the speakers front and rear as well as the amp(not including sub/amp), Install myself. Thanks for your help and susjustions.

When I got my speaks for the back I took one of the stockers with me to the stereo shop... None of the new speakers have a magnet small enough to fit back in the stocker location. So I just bought some good speakers and had to cut and mount. It hasn't been a real problem either, as I have won first place in car shows with it looking like it does. Here in about a month the hole back seat is coming out and a custom "back" is going in with subs and etc.

What 6x9s are you Spyder owners have?

I have Boston Acoustic 6x9s no mods were needed to install them.

boston NX have a pretty small but powerful neodynium magnet. theyre probably your best bet. they sound great. i have some kind of memphis 3 ways that fit but i cant remember what they are i didnt put them in and i dont really like 3 ways....speakers that is

Apologizes for bringing for thread back from the dead. I have stock speakers and they suck big time. To sum up, I dare not turn the bass up for the fear of tremendous rattling from the speakers. Would replacing "just" the speakers themselves fix the problem.

VENOM said:
What 6x9s are you Spyder owners have?

My friend gave me some Phonixe gold speakers 6.9 for the back they fit perfectly.\
(no mods needed) and sound great!

i went with a new amp and ran rockford fosgate 4" componet set's in the rear (made a custom plate that mounted on the 6x9 hole) and 6 1/2" componets on the front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back