The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Apexi safc

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overboosted1g

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 13, 2010
washington, Michigan
So I'm in the process of installing my apexi safc in my 1g, I was using the vfaq tutorial and noticed that the pins on my ecu connectors don't correspond correctly according to the color chart. Like the power wire says it's on the second row and 2nd from last but when I try the test light it gets no power. Also the wire is not red with black stripes it is just plain red. Should I just use the color diagram.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

AFC should turn on with the key without ignition (ecu plugged in). At least that's the way it works on my Apexi Neo. It enables you to tune the car (i.e. injectors dialed in) before you actually run it, which could save you an engine blow-up if you kept the earlier driver's set up and ran it directly. Also, per your wires, could it be that you have a non-matching extension? Sometimes the SAFC comes with the wrong extension and it messes up the colors.

Here's the thing if I ground the afc and hook up the power wire to the battery it works but the power wires on my car don't match the vfaq pinout. Should I just probe the car's ecu harness until I find the power wire.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Just so you know, the diagrams are looking into the back of the connectors (side where wires are comming out of em) not he pin side where it connects to the ecu. IF the wire colors dont correspond, you are doing it wrong.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back