The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Another fan wiring question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex2342

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2004
Mckeesport, Pennsylvania
I've been trying to figure this for about an hour now. I've searched and flipped through about 30 pages but haven't found my answer yet so here my question. I'm installing a 14" slim line fan from SBR. The fan harness has a blue wire (+) and a black wire(-). I cut the harness from an old fan I had and want to splice it together so I don't have to cut my factory harness. The fan harness I cut has 4 wires. Two black wires(-) (one thich one thin) a thick blue wire(+) and a thin green wire(+). I'm assuming the thicker wires are for high and the thinner wires are for the low. What wires do I hook up?

No I haven't done that. The fan should just plug in after I get the harness wired up shouldn't it?

Depends on where you disconnected the fan wiring. The thermostat switch is on the original fan. You should only have two wires going to the fan and two wires going to the sending unit in the bottom of the radiator.

Ok I just checked out the stock fan a little closer and there is white plug still attatched. The white plug has the thin black wire and the thin green wire coming from it. So once I hook those back up all I have to do is use hook up the blue and black wires from the harness to the fan? Also I checked the fan out with my 12v power supply and it's backwards. I need it to pull instead of push so will it be alright to just reverse the wire so it goes the direction I need it to?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back