The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Aftermarket FMIC with T25

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patman

5+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2017
Budapest, Europe
Hi!
So I am planning on converting my EU spec N/A 4g63 to basically a Gs-t. I have most parts, but one thing I can't get is a stock intercooler, will a smaller mishimoto fmic with aluminium piping work out? I don't wanna run it above 16psi, I just heard that it might be an overkill for the T25.

I've always heard it will cause more lag. But if You cant find a stock, better a small fmic than nothing right?

Causes a bit more lag and the boost falls hard due to pressure drop up top. I run 18.5psi and it goes to 9 at 7k.

Makes ok power though, 185whp and 250 torque. But, only 140whp at redline.

T25 is so wimpy. Lol

So the stock intercooler actually makes more power, and less lag? wow. It's harder to find a stock one. Also will an aftermarket recirculating bov affect the performance? It's qiute hard to find stock parts around here...

Its not that the stock ic makes more power, it's that it is the correct size for a t25. An FMIC has more potential for a larger turbo and would therefore make more power than the small stock one. But In your case, yes, it would be beneficial to find a stock one. I think a small fmic will be fine though.

FWIW I ended up doing my large FMIC upgrade before I upgraded my turbo & ran my large FMIC with my t25 for about 2 years. The T25 fall off at high rpms regardless of the intercooler, stock side mount or upgraded. The falling off had nothing to do with the intercooler but more so with the size turbo. Also I couldn't get any difinitive data to support the larger intercooler effected the spoolup. For me, the most influencing factor I was able to notice in my data logs was intake temperatures. The higher the intake temps the slower the spool & rpm the acheive it.

So the stock intercooler actually makes more power, and less lag? wow. It's harder to find a stock one. Also will an aftermarket recirculating bov affect the performance? It's qiute hard to find stock parts around here...

Not sure about the more power thing. Heat soak still plays a large factor and of course we all set it the turbo too high to be efficient. (And I like the low-mid range torque) My dyno run was still using the stock intake with drop-in filter and stock upper intercooler pipe. There was a noticeable power change when I changed those, but nothing to celebrate over.

I've picked up a Hahn SMIC to replace my big greddy next season to help with pressure drop, but will most certainly be switching to e85 to combat the heat for a whole autocross run. If I wasn't autocrossing, I would leave the Greddy on.

FWIW I ended up doing my large FMIC upgrade before I upgraded my turbo & ran my large FMIC with my t25 for about 2 years. The T25 fall off at high rpms regardless of the intercooler, stock side mount or upgraded. The falling off had nothing to do with the intercooler but more so with the size turbo. Also I couldn't get any difinitive data to support the larger intercooler effected the spoolup. For me, the most influencing factor I was able to notice in my data logs was intake temperatures. The higher the intake temps the slower the spool & rpm the acheive it.

No one said the T25 doesn't drop off. That's a given. But, mine drops to 9.0psi at 6800rpm and 8.4psi at the 7800rpm limiter. No prior DSM of mine every fell that much. My old GSX used to run 11-12 at 7000rpm on the stock sidemount. Was it smart? No. But with e85, it should still make power. Pumpgas, not so much.

I also have a Greddy intercooler and despite having a higher flowing core, the intercooler pipe layout suxors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back