The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Aeromotive FPR install question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsi1991awd

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2008
Puyallup, Washington
I was looking through Extreme PSI and saw they had the Aeromotive A1000 FPR...says its a complete kit. They only show one fuel line though. So how is that a full kit, and how is it installed?

Also, what needs to be done...I'm sure its not a straight bolt on. What happens to the big hole for the stock FPR?

You remove the stock FPR from the end of the fuel rail, put on a fitting, and attach a line to the aftermarket unit. The return line is stock and attaches to the return fitting on the aftermarket unit. The unit is freestanding, but comes with a bracket that you can mount somewhere at your discretion. The other ports on the aftermarket unit can be blocked off but you will need one of them for a gauge so you can accurately adjust fuel pressure.

(I said unit :sneaky:)

If you look at this kit, it should be pretty easy to figure out how it's mounted.

With an AFPR kit, you get the AFPR, a few fittings, and some fuel line. It will look like the picture in the link once the fittings are put on (they do not come attached to the line). One of those fittings will be bolted on to the end of the fuel rail, where the stock FPR was (the silver one). One side fits snugly inside the rail and the other has an AN fitting on it. You can see that the AN fitting side bolts to the fuel line. From there, the line runs to one side of the AFPR. You have a choice of either side and then you plug the other. The stock return line slips over the barb off the bottom of the AFPR.

Edit: Still haven't learned how to use the Refresh button.

OK so everything that comes in the ExtremePSI kit is what I need? The stock return line is a rubber line that'll connect to the bottom of the AFPR and then the stainless line is what runs to where the stock FPR was?

That STM kit looks nice. Is the Fuel Lab FPR as good as the Aeromotive though?

Not sure, but I have heard nothing but good things about Aeromotive. Just make sure you put some thread seal on the adjustment screw on top. The Import Evolution kits comes with the Aeromotive 13301 FPR.

I really like the Shadow Fittings. STM does sell the kit without the Fuel Pump if you want to choose your own. Had I not bought the IE-PFR-SS Kit I would have gone this route even though it costs a bit more.

What's the difference in the A1000 and the 13301? Or are they the same thing?

And you mean put thread seal tape on the adjustment screw?

There's small differences. One thing I read about the 13301 from Aeromotive's site is that you have to use a different spring to get the right base pressure. It comes with a spring installed, but that spring is for lower base pressure. The other spring is included though. I haven't seen this one before, but the IE kit has been popular.

There's also the size/shape difference. The 13301 seems to be taller than the rest. So it will have an effect on where you can mount it so it doesn't hit the hood.

I have the 13010-10 and haven't had any problems with it. It seems more similar to the A1000. Plus, I wanted the red/black combo instead of the red/white combo.

Yes, I would use teflon tape on any fitting that would see air - the top adjustment fitting and the nipple. You should also use it on the gauge fitting. Nothing should be used on the AN fittings.

Snowborder is correct. Other differences include that the A1000 has orb inlet/outlet ports and the 13301 uses 3/8" NPT. According to the Aeromitve website, the A1000 supports up to 75PSI and the 13301 only supports up to 60PSI base pressure (Are you really going to set your base pressure that high?). The IE FPR kits come installed with the correct spring for our cars. If you buy the 13301 by itself, it comes with 2 springs with the weaker one installed, so you have to swap it out. I chose the 13301 (The 13105 is a good one too) because of its cost.

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would mention that Aeromotive specifies that the 13301 is for gasoline only in the manual. The 13305 is not specified on the web spec sheet, but I believe it is the same as the 13301 and the one that comes in the Import Evolution kits.

However, the A1000 models (13101 and 13109) specifically say they are for both gas and alcohol use.

I'm not sure if they are just being overly cautious or not, but this may affect peeps running E85 or other non-pure-gasoline fuels.

snowborder714 said:
There's small differences. One thing I read about the 13301 from Aeromotive's site is that you have to use a different spring to get the right base pressure. It comes with a spring installed, but that spring is for lower base pressure. The other spring is included though. I haven't seen this one before, but the IE kit has been popular.

I had a mild freak out when my car didn't start after the 13301 was installed. It would choke and sputter, then die. After an hour or two I decided to call Ryan Dao over @ IE. Told me to swap the spring (which I didn't notice the extra one when opening the box) and I should be fine. Turned out great.

snowborder714 said:
Yes, I would use teflon tape on any fitting that would see air - the top adjustment fitting and the nipple. You should also use it on the gauge fitting. Nothing should be used on the AN fittings.

After using teflon tape for the install, in hindsight I wish I used liquid (or paste) teflon instead. However, I do not agree that the AN fittings should be squeaky clean. One or two drops of clean motor oil on the threads should be applied.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back