The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Need help with Aeromotive FPR install.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Novablue454

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2006
Arvada, Colorado
I think i have it figured out though. The stock fuel line will connect to the stainless, then go into the bottom port of the FPR. The fuel will then come out the side, and into the rail. And the other side port needs to be plugged. If this is correct, then the instructions that came with it dont make any sense. They are saying that the bottom port is for the return line, and that both sides are inlets. Yet when i look at the installs done on here and VFAQ, no one seems to touch the return line. Im confused.

Could someone please give me some assistance?

There is a vacuum source, a feed line from the rail to the regulator and a return line to the tank.

The stock fuel line runs to the fuel filter and then to the fuel rail.
On the other end of the fuel rail you run a hose to the AFPR.
You connect the the return line from the tank to the AFPR return port and the vacuum hose from the fuel pressure solenoid to the nipple in the regulator.

Our fuel pressure regulators control the pressure of the system "in front of them" and return the excess fuel back to the tank.

Steve

on the drivers side of the car there is a steel line. This has a rubber hose that connects to the stock FPR. There is also a vacumn line going to the stock fpr. So i know to hook that vacumn line to the vacumn port on the new fpr, but im not sure where the stock steel line should go in to and where the line from the new fpr should go into the rail. I thought i was supposed to tap the hole that the stock FPR was in, and that nothing was done on the passenger side of the rail.

Correct the passenger side is the line from the fuel pump and the filter.
On the drivers side you either tap the rail for a threaded AN adaptor or use one of the bolt on AN adaptors. The braided hose would run from it to the AFPR. There are a varity of ways to attach the AFPR to the return line like using a barbed fitting on the AFPR for the rubber return hose directly.

Steve

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back