The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G AEM EMS s1 no spark

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95eclipseSlow

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2007
Taylor, Michigan
Just put a whole new setup in my car. Had the engine idling absolutely fine. Once the engine warmed up I noticed a leak between the auto trans and block. Disconnected a couple trans plugs and removed the trans. Attempted to fix the leak then reinstalled the trans. Ever since the trans was reinstalled I have no spark at 1-2-3-or 4. I am getting stat sync'd "on" when cranking. I am getting signal voltages from the cas just to verify and I have even tried other sensors just to be sure. I tested pin 10 and pin 23 right at the ecu and they show 0 volts while cranking. I do not understand what could have changed by pulling the trans out other than the coil drivers decided to go out for no reason. The car is a 98 so it has the two relay deal for the mfi/mpi. The fuel pump is priming and the injectors are spraying. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Any way to test the coil drivers on the ems without sending it in?

Just a quick update from yesterday. I got another mfi/mpi relay, plugged it in….still no spark. Just ordered a brand new series 2. Now I need a new tune since the series 1 tune will not work with the series 2:notgood:

If your series 1 was tuned use the AEM start up cal as your starting point & copy & paste the appropriate tables that have your specific tuning like all the engine start, fuel, ignition, etc. and verify your sensor setup tables. You can use the compare feature in the software to help find the specific settings you need to copy over. Also you can convert your series 1 maps to series 2 but last I played with this stuff there were a few things that didn't convert correctly 9or were missed). Lastly, I don't think your problem is your EMS, sound more like a wiring issue, like a wire got pulled out or pinched & grounded somewhere.

Yea a lot of people are saying I probably pinched a wire. The only things that were touched as far as wiring goes was the speed sensor, PRND trans connector, trans solenoid connector, and a battery ground. I made sure that everything was in a safe location before reinstalling the trans. I was careful the entire time I would have known if something got pinched. I reconnected all of the sensors and the ground so I do not understand what could have happened. I thought that maybe the ground wire was causing the problem so I moved it and still got nothing. At this point the only thing that is left that it could be is the EMS. The new one should be here next Tuesday. If that does not work I guess I am going to have to go through all of the wiring.

Quick update..I got my series 2 today and installed it. I now have voltage at the two coil wires (pin 10 & 23). I also checked for spark at the spark plugs and everything checked out. I guess the series 1 coil drivers decided to go out in my series 1 box.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back