The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Advice on buying eagle talon tsi 1996

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lostxtsi

Probationary Member
Apr 5, 2021
Fayetteville NC, North_Carolina
Guys I'm thinking about buying a 96 talon she has the dsm link v3 and seller claims a 86k on body rebuild less than 20k miles ago she runs ok buts she's cutting off when pushing clutch in to stop I'm not rich but I have income coming every week and I'm wondering what Is should do here it hasn't been pro tuned just set enough to drive it is it worth it is all I'm asking I looked, not much rust doest appear to be many mods except for the dsm link chip which today I will confirm is their I have a intermediate mechanical skill level I can replace parts but low to no skill level with turbo cars I'd be learning from scratch but I learn fast

Suspension felt good on the road not much bouncing took corner very nice. Shifting was hard the stick had to be pulled hard to put in gear but it felt good no grinding I'm worried about the shutting off when clutching and braking at stop sign and wondering if that's a deeper problem then an inappropriate tune I want a turbo car bad and this seems like a well rounded introduction to it I'm just afraid of buying a lemon can you tell me what to look for ? Does the shutting off sound like a familiar problem within this dsm community all answers and help appreciate

Last edited:
That doesn't sound like enough information. How much? What do you want to do with the car? What is your skill level? Is there any rust? Did you look? What are all the mods? Are there receipts to the build?
What is worth it to me may not be worth it to you depending on those type of questions.

That doesn't sound like enough information. How much? What do you want to do with the car? What is your skill level? Is there any rust? Did you look? What are all the mods? Are there receipts to the build?
What is worth it to me may not be worth it to you depending on those type of questions.
I looked, not much rust doest appear to be many mods except for the dsm link chip which today I will confirm is their I have a intermediate mechanical skill level I can replace parts but low to no skill level with turbo cars I'd be learning from scratch but I learn fast
Suspension felt good on the road not much bouncing took corner very nice. Shifting was hard the stick had to be pulled hard to put in gear but it felt good no grinding I'm worried about the shutting off when clutching and braking at stop sign and wondering if that's a deeper problem then an inappropriate tune I want a turbo car bad and this seems like a well rounded introduction to it I'm just afraid of buying a lemon can you tell me what to look for ? Does the shutting off sound like a familiar problem within this dsm community all answers and help appreciate

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back