1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

ACT 2900 "not shifting"

Posted by 96WhiteTSi, May 16, 2015

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. 96WhiteTSi

96WhiteTSi Proven Member

Joined Mar 6, 2009
    Reno, Nevada
    Hey guys I have a 96 talon tsi with a shep 4 trans, act 2900, new oem master cylinder, oem throw out and extreme psi clutch line.

So heres the problem..

When the transmission is "cold" it will drive/shift/ everything just fine (plenty of play in the peddle as there should be)
    as the transmission get warmer and up to temp the play in the peddle is gone and it will not shift into gears and it drags like woah.. I have a new OEM slave on order but I don't know if that's the fix. The peddle assembly is fine and NOT THE PROBLEM.

everything I have listed or mentioned is new and has less than 30 miles on each.

644  0

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. SrKegler

SrKegler Proven Member

Joined Feb 29, 2004
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    sounds like your adjustment rod is turned out too far, not allowing fluid to go back into the master cylinder.

3. 96WhiteTSi

96WhiteTSi Proven Member

Joined Mar 6, 2009
    Reno, Nevada
    I will readjust the rod and see what happens... again :)

644  0

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  4. 96WhiteTSi

96WhiteTSi Proven Member

Joined Mar 6, 2009
    Reno, Nevada
    no joy... still doing it... any other ideas?

644  0

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  5. lil corb

lil corb Proven Member

Joined Sep 7, 2005
    Woodbridge, Virginia

Drag Race Build 1K  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.2 @ 103 · 1G DSM
  6. estoyaqui30

estoyaqui30 Proven Member

Joined May 26, 2003
    Somerset, New Jersey
    Yeah, make sure the pedal rod is adjusted....if not it can cause really expensive problems. Been there, done that! If the fluid doesn't get to return, it will retain pressure on the throw out bearing and when mine had enough, it grenaded and took out the flywheel, the pressure plate and release fork....along with damaging the bell housing.