The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ACT 2900 "not shifting"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96WhiteTSi

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Hey guys I have a 96 talon tsi with a shep 4 trans, act 2900, new oem master cylinder, oem throw out and extreme psi clutch line.

So heres the problem..

When the transmission is "cold" it will drive/shift/ everything just fine (plenty of play in the peddle as there should be)
as the transmission get warmer and up to temp the play in the peddle is gone and it will not shift into gears and it drags like woah.. I have a new OEM slave on order but I don't know if that's the fix. The peddle assembly is fine and NOT THE PROBLEM.

everything I have listed or mentioned is new and has less than 30 miles on each.

sounds like your adjustment rod is turned out too far, not allowing fluid to go back into the master cylinder.

Yeah, make sure the pedal rod is adjusted....if not it can cause really expensive problems. Been there, done that! If the fluid doesn't get to return, it will retain pressure on the throw out bearing and when mine had enough, it grenaded and took out the flywheel, the pressure plate and release fork....along with damaging the bell housing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back