The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

A Couple Logs After Moving the MAF

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadlyScone

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2011
Portland, Oregon
I posted a couple logs, My idle, shifting through-out gears and trying to hold it steady at 2500.

1. It seems like it cuts off for a split second every 2 seconds while trying to hold it steady at 2500 and leans out a bit.

2. In between shifts it goes really rich and revs up another 100-300 rpm(no it's not my driving)

3. Idle is a big problem i can't get my combinedFT right and my AirflowPerRev to .24

My mods are on my page.

DSM Forums - View Profile: DeadlyScone

Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• Shifting2.elg
    19.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Idle.elg
    31.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 2500rpm.elg
    31.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I can't look at the logs until I get home from work but looking over the things you have in your profile. I didn't notice an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Guessing you forgot to add it to your set up. however if you don't have it that could be the reason you can't get the combined fuel trims down. I don't know that for a certain but after I installed mine I noticed my combined fuel trim's fluctuate a lot less.

I can't look at the logs until I get home from work but looking over the things you have in your profile. I didn't notice an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Guessing you forgot to add it to your set up. however if you don't have it that could be the reason you can't get the combined fuel trims down. I don't know that for a certain but after I installed mine I noticed my combined fuel trim's fluctuate a lot less.

I do have one, i forgot to add it onto my mods list.

figured just wanted to be on the safe side and ask, I can look when I get home at the log. another random thing have you done the cruise and maf comp adjust thing. where it does the suggested spots it should be at.

No, I can do that on my way to pick my wife up. Don't you need to experience all sorts of different terrain? like a 30min drive? or will a normal 15 Minute drive suffice?

they say all terrain is the best, 15 mins might help a little. a good 30 min drive of all types of driving would help the most. however some adjustment is better then none. try the 15 mins and see if it helps any. If it does gives you a direction to try in at the least.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-tuning-ecu/395564-how-tune-1g-v3-sd-ecmlink-no-maf.html

this may help some as well but its more of a start doing it on a friday night after work going into the weekend instead of beginning of work week. Even without sd its quite helpful

looking at your idle log, you should adjust yout maf comp to get your air flow per rev down to .25, then make adjustments to your dead time to get your combined fuel trims close to zero. after that make your adjustments to do your cruise and then do the maf comp adjust. you will probably be good after that.

they say all terrain is the best, 15 mins might help a little. a good 30 min drive of all types of driving would help the most. however some adjustment is better then none. try the 15 mins and see if it helps any. If it does gives you a direction to try in at the least.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-tuning-ecu/395564-how-tune-1g-v3-sd-ecmlink-no-maf.html

this may help some as well but its more of a start doing it on a friday night after work going into the weekend instead of beginning of work week. Even without sd its quite helpful

looking at your idle log, you should adjust yout maf comp to get your air flow per rev down to .25, then make adjustments to your dead time to get your combined fuel trims close to zero. after that make your adjustments to do your cruise and then do the maf comp adjust. you will probably be good after that.

The problem is that i can't get my CombFT down or around 0, and I already put my deadtime to 50. I can't get the AirflowPerRev down any either. Using the MAF Comp tool cause my car to run rich in closed loop :/

your maf comp was below the line try to go up and see if it adjust down. after that you may need to get the dead time higher my dead time is like 150 or higher on the stock 450 injectors. just have to play with it a bit to get it right from what I seen. if its bouncing around a whole lot you might do a boost leak test to be safe. I think messing with the adjustments will fix it though.

your maf comp was below the line try to go up and see if it adjust down. after that you may need to get the dead time higher my dead time is like 150 or higher on the stock 450 injectors. just have to play with it a bit to get it right from what I seen. if its bouncing around a whole lot you might do a boost leak test to be safe. I think messing with the adjustments will fix it though.

Ill play around with it tomorrow. My seals on my turbo are bad so i need to repair it as far as the BL. I'am also adding a catch can sometime soon.

No good, I had to take my global fuel down i think -10 which is like almost 800cc injectors. i only have 660cc(or i was told)

How can i get the idle values correct?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back