The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Update Your Password Today!

We have implemented tools to identify member accounts using insecure passwords and will be locking those accounts until their passwords are updated. Don't get locked out of your account - update your password today, and ensure your account has a valid email address on file. Read more here...
Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

99 GSX Street beast

jgio213

Proven Member
Sep 27, 2017
Ludlow, Massachusetts
Here we go again. After a couple years being clean I couldn't pass on the opportunity to scoop this 99 GSX up. This is my first eclipse after coming from 3 different Talons and I'm really excited to make this thing a damn near perfect 600HP street car. It came with all the goodies but it needs a little attention to detail and TLC to get it to the next level in my opinion. It is an excellent platform with all the mods and goodies you can dream of. It was professionally assembled by the RX4 speed-shop, built motor, built trans and runs on ethanol currently. I plan to bring it to the guys over at RRT to get it fine tuned on the dyno and see what this setup is going to throw down.

One of the first projects is cleaning up the undercoating and making that all pretty again. I spent 8 days underneath the car degreasing, cleaning, and applying a protection coat of POR15, wool wax and all new rubberized undercoating in all 4 wheels wells and the entirety underneath the car. It's a painstaking miserable process but it's worth it to ensure this shell lasts forever. Although I don't drive them in the winter and keep them stored in the garage this is still New England and they love throwing salt and other crap on the roads so this is a cheap materials cost, high labor preventative measure for the car. Strut towers are beautiful, rockers are solid and the trunk/ spare tire area are clean.

Other winter plans are to clean up and properly reassemble the interior, and put the missing bits back in it.

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

IMG_1006.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

jgio213

Proven Member
Sep 27, 2017
Ludlow, Massachusetts
Motor Assembly Goodies. Love the gold powdercoating. Can't wait to repaint this engine bay to make it really pop in there though.

Going to need a bigger garage....

Already ordered the carbon bumper shutters and looking forward to putting a carbonetics splitter / diffuser on this someday.

IMG_0893.PNG

IMG_0894.PNG

IMG_0895.PNG

IMG_0896.PNG

IMG_0912.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds