The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

99 GSX Restoration and Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Update. Got the head off, turbo out, intercooler out, all manifolds etc.

Turbo is blown. Awesome.

Head and block going to machine shop next week. Probably going to have to bored 1mm over to 86 just to be extra and ensure it's perfect.

Now I need to find another complete turbo kit because nothing on the car was usable. Turbo was blown, manifold (tubular) was cracked, waste gate is trash.

Lawd this is a pain.

So I'm looking at turbo kits (Probably an FP red and FP manifold)

Gonna need a new intercooler and intercooler piping as well.

I'll get some pictures up when I get home.

While I got the engine out I'm gonna wire wheel the engine bay and repaint and then do a new wire loom to pretty it up.

To be continued....

Finally got a bunch of stuff delivered. Rods/pistons, bearings, arp everything, some fuel stuff, coilovers, gaskets, and some miscellaneous stuff. Slowly whittling away at the parts list LOL.

Taking the block and head to machine shop tomorrow. Hopefully will have a quick turn around time.

So I acquired a 1999 GSX. It's in decent shape, better than the GST I have actually. I'll be taking the engine and some other things I need out of the GST and then will be building into the GSX instead. It's a 1999 5 spd manual GSX. So goodbye GST, hello GSX LOL.

Update

Engine and head is currently being built, should be getting a call here soon to pick them up. I got a 20g turbo and FP manifold with an external gate on the 02 housing.

I also got all the cruise control crap out and put in a non-cruise throttle cable.

Some mix matched parts like bumper and I just installed a new drivers side door (no pic yet) since the old one had a massive dent.

the upper rad support was swapped out too due to someone accidentally crushing the original. I got it pretty close and after some tweaking and paint you wont notice it.

Just gotta get some cams, injectors, fuel pump, and a fmic kit and then start working on getting her running.

After that is paint.

Slowly but surely LOL.

20220518_114803.jpg

20220513_160128.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back