The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Street Build 98 GSX auto 600hp build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSXvsTSI

Proven Member
Aug 11, 2015
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Lets see how much it costs to build a GSX. To start I got the car for $1000.
Car came with
3 core intercooler
3" full exhaust
Aluminum radiator with slim fans
BOV
Turbo timer
What I've bought
Supertech Dual Valve Springs w/ Titanium Retainers $380
ARP L19 head studs $219
Felpro MLS head gasket $195
1600cc Injectors $250
GT3076R Turbo(I got this for free but you can get a good new turbo PTE 6262 for $1000)
ECUflash, ceddymods, EvoScan, Tactrix openport 2.0 $240
Shift box plus forced four $130
IMAG0395.jpg IMAG0397.jpg IMAG0398.jpg IMAG0399.jpg IMAG0400.jpg IMAG0401.jpg

Last edited:
Got some stuff done on my car today. Just if anyone was wondering stock valve stem seals DO NOT WORK with dual valve springs. You need to use the ones that came with the springs(they are smaller).
IMAG0402.jpg IMAG0404.jpg IMAG0405.jpg IMAG0406.jpg IMAG0407.jpg IMAG0408.jpg IMAG0410.jpg

I haven't been able to wash it yet but i will hopefully get to do that today then i will post some pictures. The car would barely run when i bought it. A pipe had blown off right before the intercooler and that was all that was wrong haha :hellyeah:

I took my car to the track for the first time running 16psi on the stock turbo at RMR in utah with an elivation of 5,000ft or something. I ran a 14.454 at 91.81(this would be in the 13s at sea level). I just bought some comp cams that should be here soon and my GT3076R turbo will be here in a couple weeks. Then I will turn up the power.
IMAG0449.jpg

Over the past couple days i have done some more work to my car. I did a wire tuck and i put in some of my prothane mounts. All my motor mounts and trans mounts were busted. I didn't get very many before and after pictures but this is what i've got. I need to clean the engine bay this weekend.
IMAG0441.jpg IMAG0450.jpg IMAG0452.jpg IMAG0453.jpg IMAG0455.jpg IMAG0456.jpg IMAG0458.jpg IMAG0459.jpg IMAG0461.jpg IMAG0462.jpg IMAG0463.jpg

Road Race Engineering. I talked to Robert and he was really cool. I installed three of the four mounts but couldn't get to the one behind the engine and the last prothane mount is one piece not two which i don't know how i will install that anyways. I'll comment again when Robert emails me back about that last mount.

Yup i was going to move it to the glove box but i didn't really want to lose my airbag and that's a lot of wires to extend. So by this point i had already taken all the wires out of the fuse box which sucks! Then i saw that some people were mounting them right in front of the tire(don't need to extend wires for) so i did that. The stock bracket that holds the fuse box lines right up too! Good luck
IMAG0466.jpg IMAG0468.jpg IMAG0469.jpg

I went on a end of the year cruise and this happened.
IMAG0475.jpg IMAG0476.jpg
Parked the car at Brighton ski resort and 30 minutes later i was walking towards it and BOOM! Antifreeze everywhere..... The return hose looks like its 10 years old at least, i could rip it with my hands.

I know how a lot of you talk crap on eBay exhaust manifolds but I got one. Looked awful on the inside when it came so I went at it and this is what happened.
IMAG0481.jpg IMAG0483.jpg IMAG0484.jpg IMAG0485.jpg IMAG0487.jpg IMAG0488.jpg

I'm thinking of getting the most aggressive brake pads possible to hold the line. I mean, i could install a vac pump or line lock but i think i could get the 10psi w/out any of that, or spray, and hold it.
I'm A/T if that wasn't clear.

The mani? Well, they look nice but they have a failure rate that is extraordinarily high. If you know how to weld then you're ok, just be prepared to constantly repair it. I have seen way too many threads with pics of just about every single part of that mani cracking. Still, good luck and how are the yellow pads? I have stock rears and outlander fronts, SS line all corners.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back