The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

98 awd spyder build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake dropped of his hood to me to repaint it. It had 9 layers of paint on it. 1/2 of it was spray paint and had a design on the hood that was cut into the hood down to the steel.

Had to take it down to bare metal and start over.
null_zps005809cc.gif

Painted.
null_zps6b561807.gif

Tsicktalon: Nice spyder! Looks clean.

98Talonblack: The only thing that is holding me back from the talon 2gb swap is that my paint is in really good shape and personally like how she looks at the moment. Don't get me wrong I LOVE 2gb talons and will most likely do the swap in the near future.

I'm really liking the spyder love in this thread LOL. FWD isn't that bad, in fact it can be quite fun. However, I do love AWD :). Hood looks awesome Mark, thanks again!

Well it turns out that there is no CPS on the car. The previous owner connected three wires to the cas and wired the other ends into the car (not completely sure where they go but from what I can see they are wrapped up with other wires going into the fire wall. The cas worked so I am assuming it is hooked up correctly). So, I grabbed a ohm meter and measured each of the three wires to determine which one was which. Then I proceeded to cut the a/c connector leaving roughly 6" of wire and then soldered each of the three wires so I could connect the a/c connector to the end of the plug on the cas harness that is supposed to plug into the cps. No luck.

I looked into the anti-theft system as well and that wasn't the issue.

RESOLVED: Forgot to plug in a connector that looks to be a ground LOL. Plugged it in and now the car starts! Tonight I am going to set base timing and try to figure out the blinker issue.

2013-08-27_103118.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2013-08-27_104319.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking good man.
I definitely need to start looking into a GSX, although the spyder will still get lots of love!

Started, and set base timing and so far nothing but good results :). My car has never idled better, which concludes that the other cas was causing issues. I am about to go adjust the clutch pedal so I can get in gear and then go take it for a test drive!

Hey guys, so far I have put 350 miles on the new clutch setup. Found out I have bad slave cylinder and am going to try to replace that tonight. Other than that, nothing but good news. The black top cas did in fact solve my knock issue. I did a few pulls at 23 psi, 11.8-12.2 a/f ratio, no knock, and only going to 5900 rpms and my link estimate was 450 hp/417 torque. Car felt awesome! Going to switch to speed density any day now, just need to replace slave first so I can get into gear. Here are some pics my buddy took with his iphone a couple days ago:

photo1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

More pics coming soon :)

Looking great...

Thanks!

Apparently the engine bay pics didn't save so I will have to post some up soon. This weekend I plan to switch to sd, install non cruise cable, and delete a/c. Also, I have an aluminum 1g radiator with slim fans that I need to put in.

Hey guys, little update for the build. I currently don't have a garage to work in and had to dd it this winter so I wasn't able to work on it until now. Yesterday my buddy Mark and I started to shave the bay by deleting my a/c and power steering. It looks a lot better without the lines and pump on the driver's side and the battery dropped on the rear subframe. Also, I switched to the stock gst wheels and dipped them black.

Next I plan on getting a non cruise cable, put in my speed density setup, new clutch master cylinder, and fixing oil leaks. After that I am going to get a tune by Shane at DBperformance!

BEFORE:

image-7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

AFTER:

image.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image-5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image-3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image-2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is everything that we removed:

image-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And here are a few pics of the new wheels:

1959368_10203477972488141_2018675088_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image-8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I finally put my SD setup in! It was much easier to setup than I anticipated. I used the SD cable from ecmlink which made it very simple. I am new to SD and using VE tables but I am figuring out thanks to the link wiki and other members on the link forums.

I still have to mount the MAP sensor and tuck the cable so ignore that :D

image-10.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I mounted my map sensor on the firewall pretty much right behind where yours is laying. I think I just used the holes from the emissions stuff and longer bolts. Looks clean like that.

Yeah that is what I was planning on doing. All I need is a longer hose to reach the firewall

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back