The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 97-99 Eclipse RS Accessory Wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kchopito

Probationary Member
Nov 9, 2015
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
This has been a question that has plagued me for awhile. I've tried to do research into this question but I thought I would just straight out ask it since we are in the newbie forum.

I have a 1999 Eclipse RS with power windows, power locks, and cruise control. I want to add power mirrors, fog lights and keyless entry. Before I start tearing apart my interior I want to know if the wiring harness for an RS is the same as other trims that came with power mirrors, keyless entry, etc . Can I gather what I need and just plug everything in? Or will I have to splice into some wires. From my research I've found no definitive answer... some people say their car has a harness to plug into and some people said that their's didn't.

Thanks in advance!

Power mirrors and fog lights would be plug and go. The wires are there in the door panel since you have power windows.

Mitsubishi did not make a million different harnesses to add/remove the accessories. There are 2 for the doors. One for a car with power nothing and one for a car with power everything.

Same with the fog lights. the wires are already there.

Not sure about the keyless entry but it should follow the same lines as the mirrors.

To start off, my apologies for brining an old thread to the top, but this is the closest thing to my issue. I have a 98 RS, and a lot of the wiring is the same as other models for sure, but I can attest to that's not always correct. I have power windows and door locks, so I based on info I read here and elsewhere, I assumed I would have the connectors for power mirrors. I snagged some off another parts car I had and sold the the car before I got around to swapping the mirrors. I did the passenger side door first, and low and behold, the connecter was taped to the harness, so that was a breeze. Move to the driver side, no plug taped like the passenger door. My harness has not been touched since it was mounted by the factory. I now have another parts GS that has the wiring, and it appears that for some reason, the section of wire for my driver side door was just never put in place. Does anyone happen to know if I can just splice that section into my door harness? or do I need to swap the ENTIRE door harness from the parts car?

Also, about the fog lights. I managed to get a factory dash switch to include the fog light button, again, assuming that I had the factory harness for fogs under the car somewhere. There was no relay in the fuse box labeled for fog lights (understandably so) and I just thought that by connecting the plug to the factory switch and throwing in a relay, I would have factory switched fogs. I have factory fog lights and mounts that I put on the car, but no harness to be found anywhere at all. Does anyone know how to wire into the fuse box in order to use the factory relay location along with the factory fog light switch? Every post I find is about aftermarket one or the other. I'm working with factory and factory. Sorry for the long post! Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back