The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 95 Tsi loose spark plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BasketcaseTSI

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2018
South Haven, Michigan
OK, I just picked this car up cheap because I've always wanted a 2g Dsm. It's been modified but I'm not sure what the mods are other than the Evo 3 16g and a manual boost controller, fmic, 3" exhaust. I'm leaning more about these cars the more I read here so I'll have to update my Dsm profile later.

The issue was described to me as a cracking sound (cra cra crack to be specific) after a pull the the car wouldn't start. The cam gears are lined up so I don't think it bent valves. There's no coolant in the engine apparently but the oil is coolant free. I was leaving towards a head gasket. I went to pull the plugs and check them, 3 of 4 were so loose I could take them out by hand. They were dirty but not smashed so I'm taking that as a good sign. Any thoughts as to why the spark plugs would be loose?

Last edited:
I would say because someone else had them out (maybe to do a compression test) and threw it back together and said the heck with it im just going to sell it. Do a compression test first.

Here's how the plugs look for anyone interested.

Attachments

• IMAG0658.jpg
    IMAG0658.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 51
I'll double check timing and do the compression check tomorrow after work or somewhere in the very near future. I'm liking the forum so far, the amount of info available has been really helpful so far. For example I found the compression and leak down testing threads within about a minute of reading.

2G (95-99) T/E 2.0L 4G63 Turbo engine
Compression ratio 8.5:1
Standard compression 178 psi
Service limit 133 psi

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back