The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Resolved 95 ECU open port?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Crime

Probationary Member
23
1
Mar 7, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
So, I'm tired of luggin the car around to get check engine lights (CEL's) diagnosed and cleared, so I'm looking into purchasing a code scanner. I found this in the forums here. While researching, I came across this page, which indicated that in 1996, all cars were forced to make available an open port to plug such devices into more easily. Pretty cool.

Now the question; I have a 1995... does it have the open port I would need to utilize the device? Considering it's a tuners car, I would think so, but I do like to be certain of things before I commit.
 
The code reader will turn off the CEL if the problem isnt persistent. If it is, it will come back on. To get rid of completely, dsmlink or fix the issue.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 1g NOS clear corner lights
    Price does not include shipping or PayPal fees
    • chrisman287
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 Mitsubishi logo early valve cover
    Early Mitsubishi logo valvecover. “1990” All threaded holes are good. Has the 90 style vent...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 1g MD122260
    Up for sale Discontinued MD122260 Forward Facing Oil Filter Housing $120.00 shipped plus paypal...
    • BTKai
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 1g ThreeSpeedDesign scattershields.
    Three speed design 1g scatter shields. Stainless steel. Have half a dozen 1g Fwd. ($85) two...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 5 Speed
    Selling a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. 5 speed manual, Red on Tan leather. 83,500 miles.
    • radron26
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top