The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

95 Eagle Talon ENGINE HELP!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EasyE

Probationary Member
Apr 30, 2004
Belmont, Massachusetts
Hey guys i have a 1995 eagle talon ESi automatic.i have been having problems when i give the car gas it seems to stutter and it shifts really high and when it finally shifts it has alot of kickback. I thought it was trannie problems but then i ran a OBD 2 test on it and it came up P0 505 - Idle control system malfunction. I was wondering if anyone knew what the problem is and if anyone else has had it... thank you very much in advance....

the two problems could be unrelated.....if i had to guess i would say maybe a tps sensor (throttle position) or maybe a closed throttle switch.......you should have a 420a engine and a chrysler tranny so you should go to the n/t forum with your question or maybe the tranny forum if you still can't figure it out..... :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back