The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

93 Eagle Talon TSi AWD Auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

More info on the Bradco Converter please.

Your build thread is inspiration for my personal car it's red and auto as well.

-Michael

You will love those seats! I have the same ones and there comfy as hell. I'm going with a bradco converter as well so I'm excited to see how it acts.

How in the hell did you mount these? I bought the kirkey brackets, but the bottom of the seats are completely bare.

How in the hell did you mount these? I bought the kirkey brackets, but the bottom of the seats are completely bare.

I bought some 1" stock and long bolts. I cut the pieces to length as spacers and the bolts go through them and through the floor.

More info on the Bradco Converter please.

Your build thread is inspiration for my personal car it's red and auto as well.

-Michael

I just spoke with Brad today. The converter is basically custom built to your needs or wants.

I sent him my Kiggly flexplate so that way he can add extra mounting points to a total of 8 compared to the factory 4. He is also adding backing to the bolt holes so I will be able to run longer as well as larger diameter 1/2" bolts. They will be red loctite coated and torqued to 75 ft lbs.

Also I'm getting the cover reinforced to help prevent any balooning while stalling the car with a direct port nitrous shot.

Brad told me he should be done and sending it back to me sometime next week.

I just spoke with Brad today. The converter is basically custom built to your needs or wants.

I sent him my Kiggly flexplate so that way he can add extra mounting points to a total of 8 compared to the factory 4. He is also adding backing to the bolt holes so I will be able to run longer as well as larger diameter 1/2" bolts. They will be red loctite coated and torqued to 75 ft lbs.

Also I'm getting the cover reinforced to help prevent any balooning while stalling the car with a direct port nitrous shot.

Brad told me he should be done and sending it back to me sometime next week.

Care to share pricing for what you're having done? You can PM if you'd like. Actually no you can't you can e-mail me [email protected]

I've got an extremely old converter in my car that was a restall circa 2001 and looking to update it.

-Michael

got some misc parts powder coated, also I got -16 AN bung welded onto my thermostat housing and the cold side of my intercooler changed to 3".

Hood prop, water pump pulleys, brackets for the front bumper, thermostat housing, JM Fab defussers
IMG_20121212_165554.jpg

IMG_20121212_165757.jpg

IMG_20121212_165829.jpg

Also got some more random OEM Mitsu parts in, new carrier bearings for the rear portion of the drive shaft as well as all new nuts and washers for it, and a bunch of other OEM bolts, nuts, so on.

Ordered a driveshaft safety loop from frontline fab, wating to hear back from Andrew about the transfer case brace they just came out with. Also ordered a JM Fab fuel cell and some other random parts.

Talked to Brad from Bradco and he promissed me I will have the converter back before Christmas, hopefully I'll have my turbo from FP as well before then. Also waiting on my backordered 70mm Wilson throttle body still.

Oh well, the main thing I'm interested in getting back soon is the converter so I can bolt the trans back up and put the head back on. Its just a whole lot easier to get it all on with the head off the block so thats why I'm waiting. Also Brad confermed what I figured and the Kiggly flexplate I had and sent to him was damaged when the bolts backed out of the converter the last time I was at the track. The mounting tabs were bent up and the holes were gouged pretty bad. I called Erin at Kiggly Racing and she hooked me up with a replacement and has one on the way to me.

Kiggly Racing is a great company to do business with, they return calls and emails very quickly and will let you know if its going to be longer than expected or whatever the matter is on your order. Also I have to give props to Fernando at Ostar Motorsports for giving me some killer deals on parts as well. And you can never go wrong with Summit Racing who I've used over and over again while building this heap. So far recently I've gotten OEM parts from JNZ and they have great customer service and will do their best to help you find OEM parts at a really great price.

got some misc parts powder coated, also I got -16 AN bung welded onto my thermostat housing and the cold side of my intercooler changed to 3".

Hood prop, water pump pulleys, brackets for the front bumper, thermostat housing, JM Fab defussers
IMG_20121212_165554.jpg

IMG_20121212_165757.jpg

IMG_20121212_165829.jpg

Also got some more random OEM Mitsu parts in, new carrier bearings for the rear portion of the drive shaft as well as all new nuts and washers for it, and a bunch of other OEM bolts, nuts, so on.

Ordered a driveshaft safety loop from frontline fab, wating to hear back from Andrew about the transfer case brace they just came out with. Also ordered a JM Fab fuel cell and some other random parts.

Talked to Brad from Bradco and he promissed me I will have the converter back before Christmas, hopefully I'll have my turbo from FP as well before then. Also waiting on my backordered 70mm Wilson throttle body still.

Oh well, the main thing I'm interested in getting back soon is the converter so I can bolt the trans back up and put the head back on. Its just a whole lot easier to get it all on with the head off the block so thats why I'm waiting. Also Brad confermed what I figured and the Kiggly flexplate I had and sent to him was damaged when the bolts backed out of the converter the last time I was at the track. The mounting tabs were bent up and the holes were gouged pretty bad. I called Erin at Kiggly Racing and she hooked me up with a replacement and has one on the way to me.

Kiggly Racing is a great company to do business with, they return calls and emails very quickly and will let you know if its going to be longer than expected or whatever the matter is on your order. Also I have to give props to Fernando at Ostar Motorsports for giving me some killer deals on parts as well. And you can never go wrong with Summit Racing who I've used over and over again while building this heap. So far recently I've gotten OEM parts from JNZ and they have great customer service and will do their best to help you find OEM parts at a really great price.

This is an awesome build. I can appreciate the people who pay attention to detail. This build goes above and beyond. Hopefully one day when I get some time I can start tearing in to mine again and get it as clean as yours.:thumb:

Jon

I'm also going to have to enlarge the bore on the FD wheels, so I'll be taking a router to them.

Hmm this is quite odd. I tried to 2g 5 spokes on my Fc and they didnt fight because the hub bore was too narrow (rx7 had the bigger hubs).

Thanks for the compliments.

As far as the FD wheels go, I ended up selling them along with the Hoosier's to a buddy of mine. I'm trying to sell the Kosei's as well. I'll be getting a set of 15x8 Welds and some 15" Hoosier QTPs.

Also forgot to post these other parts I've had for this new setup.

1990 center wingI'll have the hole for the wiper filled and painted to match the car. I'm debating to either go ahead and install it on the hatch on the car now or wait until I get a CF hatch.
2012-12-14_18-06-55_325.jpg

Some expensive BLING from Sparktech, I went ahead and got the coilpack covers.
2012-12-14_18-07-29_903.jpg

Tial Q BOV, Tial 44mm wastegate, Fluidamper crank pulley
2012-12-14_18-07-56_878.jpg

i have a almost identical build going on ... i have some questions ill be asking you soon, as this is my first DSM and First real auto car so its a learning experience for me!

Okay, I'm pretty sure I've got everything here or on the way to finish putting the motor and trans back together and into the car. Now I'm getting my ducks in a row so to say to start on the rear suspension. I've got everything to rebuild the rear driveshaft and install it with new OEM parts, also I'll be ordering a Driveshaft shop driveshaft (the 900hp one). I have the Frontline Fab driveshaft loop on the way and the Torque Solutions carrier bearing bushings and new OEM nuts to mount everything.

The rear subframe will be removed, disassembled and everything will be blasted and powdercoated gloss black. I have the Jays Racing toe eliminators that will be installed, Poly Subframe bushings and ES bushings, I already have the adjustable camber arms, but I have pieced together a kit to replace the lower control arms that will take a couple pounds off the car. I also have the Chromoly Mustache bar to install. The diff itself I will probably just wire brush and wire wheel it and spray paint it with a high temp gloss black enamel paint. The rear diff cover I'm going to take to my powder coat guy and get him to do it in a "Show Chrome" color. I'm thinking this will make it stickout and kind of match the JM Fab fuel cell.

I'll be removing the rear bumper (again) to get it painted and to cut holes for the JM Fab defussers and for the Buschur Racing parachute mount. I ordered replacement decals for the bumper from JNZ Tuning. I'm also thinking about getting the taillights tinted. I'll either attempt this myself following this thread>>> http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-exterior-interior/447690-diy-vht-nightshades-clear.html
Or have the body shop do it.

I'll of course post pictures as parts come in and as I complete a project.

Actually got around to tinkering with the Talon. I got some more OEM parts in and the new Kiggly Fexplate.

Installed the new Kiggly flexplate, ARP flexplate bolts (lots of red loctite and torqued to 130ft/lbs), new spacer, and a new crank bushing.

IMG_20121226_212351.jpg

After I took this picture I noticed how hidious my starter plate looked! I'm not going to remove the flexplate now since its already torqued down and all. I'll probably order a new one and replace it if I ever pull the trans again.

Also, since I'm still waiting on the torque converter to get here before I can install the trans I went ahead and preped the block so when it does come I can put the head on right after I install it.

IMG_20121226_212607.jpg

Still a waiting game on parts. Hopefully some will come in and I can get this thing back together and move onto the next section of the car.

SOme more parts came in today, still no sign of the bradco converter or turbo from FP unfortunately. I plan on calling them both next week to see what the status is on them.

Three Speed scatter shield and 4" Vibrant vilocity stack

IMG_20121228_131456.jpg

I was at first going to modify a stock headlight to turn the whole headlight into a ram air type device but my fiberglass skills are very poor to say the least so that idea was scrapped and I'll be going back to the junkyard for another headlight to modify. I'm just simple going to cut the back of it out and gut it leaving the full lense on the front and cut a hole in it and run a 4" pipe to it that will be welded to the vilocity stack. I'll then get a 4" 90 degree aluminum pipe that will turn into the Dejon intake pipe that goes to the turbo.

The scatter shield I'm probably going to get powdercoated. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to go with a gloss black color or a show chrome color. I'd like for it to standout from everything else and I have enough gloss black on everything else already, I'd polish it but being steel it will end up rusting if I sand it. So that is why I'm probably going to go with the show chrome color. I also plan on doing my rear diff cover the same color once I get the engine bay finished and start on the suspension.

Im hooked!

Im about to call up FP for you right now and see where the hell that turbos at!

Cant wait to see your 1/4 times and you GOTTA find an awd dyno!

Subbed! Keep it up man, that suckers gonna look like it just rolled off the lot! Well until you pop the hood ;)

car is coming along, crazy how close are builds are... but on your rear diff cover you should look at the frontline fab piece

car is coming along, crazy how close are builds are... but on your rear diff cover you should look at the frontline fab piece

I did. I actually met Andrew at the 19th annual DSM shootout and he brought a 1G diff cover with him to show me. It is a cool product but heavy as hell, I've never seen or heard of a 1G diff cover breaking, that is more of a 2G issue. So to pay $450 for added weight (they are at least 10lbs) and cosmetics I just can't justify that at the moment in my build. Maybe in the future when I have everything else completed and how I want it. I will be getting one of his transfer case braces though.

I would test fit that scatter shield. As far as I know and have scene it does not fit the automatic bell housing. Most guys custom make a scatter shield for the auto trans!

I would test fit that scatter shield. As far as I know and have scene it does not fit the automatic bell housing. Most guys custom make a scatter shield for the auto trans!

Son of a bi***!

You sir, are correct. :banghead:

It's a minor set back! I remember seeing guys usin 1/4 flat stock, bending and welding mount points on. I can't see it being hard at! I know there is pictures floating. Maybe go on google image and type in awd auto talon scatter shield or something.

Screw it. I was just trying to follow NHRA rules, but come to find out the Three Speed Scatter shield isn't even SFI approved. I spoke with a buddy who lives locally and has a manual 1G making over 500whp, he's running a Precision Turbo and before he bought it he bought feed and return lines and fittings for a FP turbo, so I'm going to trade him the scatter shield for those parts.

Got some more parts powdercoated and some fittings welded on.

Radiator feed and return fittings welded on along with the crossover pipe.
IMG_20130106_201051.jpg

IMG_20130106_200724.jpg

I got the part that goes to the heater core and to the TB and thermostat housing removed and welded up.
IMG_20130106_200817.jpg

Transmission dipstick powdercoated gloss black. Now I need a new dipstick LOL
IMG_20130106_200558.jpg

Transmission mount bracket and fuel sending unit cover. gloss black
IMG_20130106_200915.jpg

S90 70mm throttle body. I got another JM Fab FIACV bypass plate and I'm waiting on my adapter plate to come in from Magnus so I can mount this to the Magnus manifold.
IMG_20130106_200421.jpg

Still waiting on the FP3794 and Converter from Bradco.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back