The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 92 nt auto trans into 94, need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apckofllamas

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2012
Wellington, Ohio
I picked up a 94 talon es and it needed a trans so i figured i could pull it out of my 92 nt laser parts car. I proceeded to pull both transmissions and put my good one into the talon. the only thing that was different were the plugs on the 94 so i cut them off the 92 because the wires matched up correctly. When im driving it around itll go back and fourth between gears and has popped out twice. it downshifts aggressively and when i go from a stop its almost like its in limp mode starting off in 3rd gear. If it is the tcu that is bad could i switch them somehow? i know the 92 should have a 3 plug connection and the 94 has a 2 plug. Im at a lost and just wondering where to go to next.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back