The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

92 gsx feels like fuel cut about 5.5K

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95twinturboawd

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 26, 2009
jackson, Michigan
so i put in a jdm it was a 90 engine but i used the cas out of the 92, could i just has cas set wrong? anything else i should look for? its has a e3 16g full exhuat and that about it

the car also runs cold its just in the normal range i woulde say 40% if strate up would be 50% heat

my car is doing the same thing every time it hits fuel cut at 5.5k and i have ran a boost leak test , checked ignition and i cant think of anything else....have you figureed your problem out???

Me and a buddy of mine are having the exact same problem. My buddy ordered a new fuel pump and threw that in but still has the issue, I have a new fuel pump on the way because mine crapped out. We will be checking the coil pack next.

it sorta of feels like a backfire. its just so weird because im running 10.4 all the way to 6.5k and as soon as i hit that my afrs lean out and it backfires. i know i have to bring the afrs up to 11.4ish but for it to do that every pull at the same rev limit? im stumped.

is it kinda like your hitting a brick wall. or does your car just quit picking up speed

you guys need to upgrade to bigger injectors and fuel pump.

a BIG tip if you don't play to see more than 400 hp or maybe not for a long time get a 190 fuel pump. You will save the money of having to buy a AFPR!

Next you need to log your car for knock and a/f ratio. I know you guys already knew the answers to the questions before you even posted. Your just looking for an easy answer...Trust me, i know.

and yeah Fuel Cut feels like your car just slammed into a wall and cuts power off to the motor - BECAUSE the ecu has seen too many counts of Knock and is trying to say hey....your about to blow me up so SLOW DOWN.

ALSO in the colder weather OUR turbo cars make alot more power because the intake is seeing alot cooler temps. It's kinda like a shot of nos. Thats the best way i know how to help you guys. Hope it has helped!

i have no cat. full 3'' turbo back.

and i already have fic 950s a walbro 255 and dsmlink. thats why im saying this makes no sense to me why we would all be having this same issue with different things done to our cars. makes someone think its something simple.... maybe coil?

oh and i only seen 4.9 deg knock when it hits hard at 6.5k before 6.5k i have no knock

and yeah Fuel Cut feels like your car just slammed into a wall and cuts power off to the motor - BECAUSE the ecu has seen too many counts of Knock and is trying to say hey....your about to blow me up so SLOW DOWN.

Nope. The ECU trys to lower the boost and pull timing when it sees knock but that has nothing to do with fuel cut.

Fuel cut is what happens when the stock ECU sees too much airflow making it think the wastegate has failed so it cuts off the fuel so you don't blow up

Lets see... e3 16g and you're hitting fuel cut... shocking?

No... I hit fuel cut with my stock 14b at 16-17 psi with nothing more than exhaust and a supra side mount.

Get DSMlink or some other fuel tuning device...

ok today i thank i found the issue, the boost is set at 15 but when i looked over it was past 20, so how can i tell if its a bad bc, or just the gauge

ok today i thank i found the issue, the boost is set at 15 but when i looked over it was past 20, so how can i tell if its a bad bc, or just the gauge

If it shows over 20 and you're hitting fuel cut, it's probably not the gauge.

I hit fuel cut at around 20psi on my 14b.

I just purchased a 1g turbo laser, and it has the "hitting a brick wall" problem at 5k. As soon as I felt it I knew it was fuel cut. My only question is it more likely it is boosting too high, or could it be the MAF translator isn't set right. Like I said I just purchased the car, and he has everything set to 0 on the translator, but at 5k it just hits the wall.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back