The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Idle surge also when driving feels like fuel cut

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l7inthegst

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2009
Traverse, Michigan
I have a 92 tsi awd with a 6 bolt swap, 2g maf, Evo 8 injectors and Evo 8 fuel pump. I get idle surge when parked, and when i get on it it feels like i am getting fuel cut, because i will be boosting and then it seems like it misfires. I think the car is not getting enough airflow. What do you think it could be?

go to this forum: Tuning & Engine Management - DSM Forums

do a search using keywords "idle surge", read the posts and take notes to identify some action items. prioritize them and go for it.

this topic can be a pita to pinpoint, but the usual suspect areas to investigate remain the same. good luck.

Its FIXED! all it was was a pretty bad boost leak and then i messed around with the BISS screw and got it going.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back