The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

92-96 summit/colt/mirage conversion to awd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codeofdastreets

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 25, 2008
dunedin, Florida
I may be putting together a mirage 4 door as a project and was looking on some info on how to convert the 4g (92-96) into awd.. I know this chassie has came awd (evo 1-3) but im curious on how hard the swap will be and what parts I would need?? Ams had a swapped 2 door auto 4wd swapped mirage, but i can't find info on how they did it.. does a dsm rear work or do i need a evo 1-3 rear?? What drive shaft do I use?? These are a few questions of many I'd need to know...:confused:

Its gonna be a lot of custom work. You can use a DSM Rearend. Or a GVR-4 rear. Or really any rear end that you can find a rear diff to match your t-case.

You are gonna have to cut out the tire carrier in the trunk, and weld in metal flat. Relocate the gas tank. Mount of a rear end. May or may not have to get a custom drive shaft built.

My evo 3 swap in the USA - Evo123.net - The early Lancer Evo and DSM source

That thread should help you understand how much is involved. Of course if you just want an AWD 4g63 swapped colt/mirage then. you have a lot less work. But this link is what I would like to do if I ever find a clean ass colt shell.

If you get an Evo1-3 front clip with the rear subrame,its easier then you think.The car in the above post is a full swap.Not everything he did needs to be done to have a evo clone.

Last edited:
The swap is not to bad. The link is one of my cars that I have swapped. I also have a 93 mirage evo 1 swap with all dsm 1g parts in it and built a 95 coupe with 1g parts that I built to sell.

If you are looking to go as far as I have with my evo 3 swap you are in for a fun ride and better have a lot of cash to put into it. I have well over 35k in to it. Shipping parts from over seas is what kills you on the costs.

If you are just doing the swap to have a awd mirage it is not to much money to do it as long as you can do all the work. The mirage is also really light.

I would join mirageforums.net there is a ton of info and if you have any questions you can pm me also
Mark

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back