The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

91 Eagle Talon Tsi Finished for now

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketman1000R

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 28, 2009
Houston/LA, Texas
After many years, a lawsuit and more money than you can imagine my Talon is drivable. Finished seems so final because I know I will change something soon.
Mod list as I can remember it, LOL!

Engine was built by Superior Automotive Engineering Placentia CA
2G block with Tomei 2.3 stroker kit 9.2-1 CR
Pistons have WPC coating on the skirt and copper Ceramic on the crown
The crank was lightened by knife edging it
The girdle was replaced with billet mains
OEM oil pump
1G head ported and flow tested
1mm valves
beryllium seat
dual springs
HKS 272 cams
Turbo S256 DSM
AMS counter balance removal kit with blank balance shaft
Fluidyne radiator
S70 TB
ATI dampener

Fuel
850cc FIC
FIC rail
Areomotive 340

ECU
AEM EMS
AEM serial multi gauge
Defi Boost gauge

Drive train rebuilt by Anaheim Gear
OS GIKEN R2CD Clutch
All new axels
AMS drive shaft bushings
Prothane mounts

Suspension
Megan

Wheels
EVO8

Exhaust
Slow Boy Racing Headers DSM coated by Embee
VRS SS 3" turbo back

GRE large intercooler

Body repainted OEM titanium and black using PPG paint
interior restored using Mercedes Black and Grey Leather with center section perforated the same as Porsche Carrera with Jaguar tuck and rolls with diamond stitching.

Engine wiring harness was modified and rebuilt with new plugs

The initial tuning was performed by Sean Church and final tuning was performed by Mitch Pederson who was an engineer for AEM, on a dynopack dyno at Church Automotive in Long Beach CA.
Final number were 510AWHP 490TQ at 26psi

its fun to drive.

Some of my favorite parts
Tomei Stroker kit was top notch
S256 DSM turbo has a very quick spool but if I had to do it all over again I would have went with a T3 housing because it the .55ar its my biggest restriction.
The very best mod was the OS GIKEN Evo3 R2CD clutch. The PTT was so noisy with on/off character. The OSG was so good I bought a R3C for my Supra and its better than the RPS twin CC it replaced in every way.
My new leather interior stitched together by Amadeus Upholstery on Manhattan Beach Blvd. He wrapped my door panels on my supra and stitched it.

Later changes and Mods
T3 header with 6265 turbo
IDC 1000 injectors
Retune for E85
research for a more compliant suspension like my KWV3 on my MKIV Supra. If anyone knows of a smooth riding damper like the KWV3 for the DSM please chime in.
Michelin PSS tires
:thumb:

Later changes and Mods
T3 header with 6265 turbo
IDC 1000 injectors
Retune for E85

research for a more compliant suspension like my KWV3 on my MKIV Supra. If anyone knows of a smooth riding damper like the KWV3 for the DSM please chime in.
Michelin PSS tires
:thumb:

You'll need much larger injectors for that turbo with E85. A set of FIC 1150's won't support much more than your current power. So I'd suggest a set from the FIC Blue Max family.

Man you post an awesome build sheet like that and then don't give any pictures?! Shame on you! We all want to see this thing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back