The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

90 Talon TSi Manual Tranny

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catalin1

Probationary Member
Nov 23, 2007
Surrey, B.C._Canada
I am looking at buying one of the above. Only problem that it has is that the clutch won't release. After doing a little searching and asking around I've been told that it's either a hydraulic adjustement or worn 'detent 'balls.
Anyone know what the balls :) are?? And where they're located?

You might want to also look at adjusting the master cylinder at the pedal assembly. It's fairly easy to do, and an easy fix if it works. A quick search will also lead to plenty of threads on the subject.

thanks guys..

I just went out to the car and the master cylinder is completely dry. That explains this issue so far. Thing is the car is coming from a knowledgeable mechanic and I think he would have checked the fluid before. If the fluid doesn't fix it, is it a common problem on these vehicles?

Normally the fluid doesn't just disappear so it sounds like you have a leaky master cylinder. Which is fixed by buying a new one.

I have a very similar problem before with my 90 GSX. It turn out the clutch fluid is leaking slowly from clutch slave cylinder at the boot and eventually the clutch is hard to release or the clutch pedal is drop to the floor without any pressure, since the car is 17 years old. I am sure you could smell the clutch fluid ordor some time if you have a leak.

Well this car has been sitting in our work parking lot since July, it hasn't moved at all.

The owner, which it given to him had agreed to sell it to me for $250 but I'm wondering if he's changed his mind. We'll see how things work out next week when I get back to work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back