The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

7 bolt crank in a 6 bolt block finally possible

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just spoke with him and the main and thrust journal on the crank have to be made bigger. About $175. So it just depends if you can find a 6 bolt 2.4 crank (hard to find) or if you want a 7 bolt crank modified. It's a good option because you can get a 7 bolt 2.4 crank for $30 at pull-a-part.

I just spoke with him and the main and thrust journal on the crank have to be made bigger. About $175. So it just depends if you can find a 6 bolt 2.4 crank (hard to find) or if you want a 7 bolt crank modified. It's a good option because you can get a 7 bolt 2.4 crank for $30 at pull-a-part.

That is awful cheap to have the journals welded and machined. The 7 bolt main journals are 42mm and the 6 bolt main journals are 44.98mm . Not to mention that the journals won't be hardened for that price. To weld the crank, machine it and have it re hardened you are looking at more money than what would cost you to buy an eagle crankshaft.

I think they keep the bearing surface the same size and use 7 bolt bearings. The machining is just to fit the wider main caps.

Seeing the quality of work they do and having parts shipped to them from all over the works I would trust them with my engine

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back