The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

6cm turbine housing repair with TIG question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zac83

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 24, 2002
Yelm, Washington
Hey guys, I've got a few 14b/13b turbine housings sitting around in various states of disrepair. they all have cracked WG flapper seats and a crack between the impeller inlet and the end of the impeller vane where it flushes with the wheel. Does anyone have any experience TIG'n these back into shape? I'm looking for an idea of what filler rod would work best, I could experiment but figured someone might have already dabbled with this and had figured out the best rod already. I'll put together a product of this repair when complete.

V/r
Zane

Cast = nickel rod.
Preheating and slow cooling is also important.

yeah, i was thinking about putting the housings in the oven to preheat. Guess we'll see how it turns in sometime this week.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back