The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

6an fuel line routing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gstclipse69

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 30, 2006
Columbia, South_Carolina
Hey guys, I am in the process of upgrading my fuel system. I am installing the stm 6an fuel feed kit with the fuel lab filter. I also cut the stock line flush and welded a 6an fitting on top of the fuel pump assembly per this thread: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt-tech/370847-fuel-sending-unit-fitting.html

Now it says you can place the fuel filter in the stock location or mount it under the car. What do you guys recommend? I would like to put it under the car, as the stock fuel filter location is a huge pita in my opinion. I was kind of test fitting some places and I was just somewhat worried about the filter sitting a bit low if mounted under the car. The best place I could come up with is right before the stock fuel line goes up towards the firewall, mounting it there on the inside of the frame. I had thought of maybe running the line on the outside of the frame but then I would have to come back over the frame at some point and I didnt really like that idea.

Also I am probably going to be upgrading to the fic bluemax 1450's. I have read that is the highest you can go without the easytune box. Im going to be running e85 and I'll probably be in need of an inline pump by the time I get the 7 blade hx 35 on. Where are you guys mounting the in-line pumps? Thanks for the responces. Pics would be awesome too!

First things first, you wasted your time welding a -6AN fitting on your fuel pump hanger as the OEM thread pitch is the EXACT same as a -6AN fitting and it threads right on. The stock fuel filter hanger will hold the FueLab filter in the OEM location and why do you think its a PITA? If you got a black one it looks stock if you spin the logo towards the firewall too if thats what your going for. Did you also get the metal element filter, E85 eats away at the paper ones? To route the -6AN line under the car I used heavy duty zipties about every 6" and secured it to the OEM fuel and brake hardlines under the car. When you look under the car you can't even see the line as its under that chassis support too, it was a pretty clean install and didn't take a whole lot of time either.

Anything bigger than FIC 1450's would be a PITA to tune without an EasyTune box if you were running pump gas, E85 is a different story though since you loss 40% of your injectors flow making your 1450cc injectors flow like 950's. If you plan on running that HX35 1450's will be PLENTY of injector, even 1250's would get you by if you want to save some money. Your also running dsmlink and with the newest firmware upgrade its possible to set individual injector deadtimes that lets you tune bigger injectors at idle similar to the EasyTune box.

If you'd like pictures of the way my -6AN proclassic hose is ran from the tank to the filter and then to the rail give me a day or so. I haven't gotten to the point that I've needed another inline pump so I can't help you there, the ones I've seen have been mounted under the car or on the firewall just before the fuel filter.

:dsm:

I just welded the fitting on the pump hanger so everything from the pump onward would be a 6an line. I did it myself so I didnt waste any money on it. I have changed the stock fuel filter a couple times now and I think its always a pita to get to the bottom fitting on the fuel filter. You have to take the battery out and whatnot. I have the ss filter element and the paper one. I intend on running the paper filter for a couple tanks of e85 to clean out some of the debris because I have read once switching to e85 will clean out the tank and whatnot. Then switch to the ss element.
Yea I wanted the 1450s because I have seen its as big as you can go without the easytune box. Just wanted some more opinions. I intend on running the hx35 on the stock t3 divided hotside as to get as much potential out of it as possible. I am working on a twin scroll setup for it as well. I see so many mixed reviews on how big of an injector to go with and whatnot. I just wanted to go as big as I could as to not have to upgrade again. Thanks for the response. Pics would be cool if its not too much hassle

Sounds like you're going to have a pretty beast setup once you get the car on the road. I understand the PITA of removing the stock filter and the fragile hardline thats nearly impossible not to twist off. Once you get those -6AN fittings on the bottom of the FueLab filter its easy to remove, definitely removing the battery is a PITA but how often are you playing with the fuel filter?!
Pictures won't be a hassle as I've already got them on my computer, I'm just not on my computer at the moment and won't be until tomorrow.

Sorry if my first post came off the wrong way, I didn't mean to seem rude I guess its hard to tell tone of voice in writing. I don't think you wasted your time iif you wanted AN fitting from the hanger but it wasn't necessary to go to the trouble since it would have worked without it.

Yea I hope the new setup will be nice once it comes together. I have the turbo now but I plan on maxing out my 18g before stepping up, plus I have to get the manifold and wastegates. I see what you mean now about the fuel filter. Your right, once I have it off all I'll have to do is change the element out once and even then only the top/outlet has to come off. I appreciate the responce bro, input is greatly appreciated.

Here are a couple of pictures the first shows how I routed my -6AN line from the bottom of the filter through the front subframe and to the tank and from the top of the filter to the rail, the second shot shows how to re-use the stock fuel filter holder. If you want more shots of it under the car and threaded onto the hanger just ask and give me a few more days to post them please.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics gofer. I ended up using the stock fuel filter bracket as well. Mine now looks almost indentical to yours. The proclassic hose is soo much easier to work with than the ss line I have on the afpr.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back