The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

6 bolt block..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

importlegions

Probationary Member
Oct 8, 2004
catawba, North_Carolina
ive searched, but havent found the info i want exactly. im looking into buying a newer 97-98 gst. ill be using a dsmlink to adjust a/f ratio in this build, butnow on to my questions...

1. i want to build a 6 bolt block, to save on wiring hassels could i use my 7 bolt turbo head/intake mani/ turbo mani. without any machining and bolt it directly onto the 6 bolt block? (using the original mounts)

2. do companys sell blocks pre-built? i would like to get a 6 bolt and stroke it to a 2.3 with a aftermarkit piston/ and 100mm crank combo, but if i could just buy one for not to much id go that route, since i havent had to replace pistons and bearings before, id rather not have the chance of me screwing somthin important up.

thanks for ur help!

matt

wow, ur the first nice guy ive seen on this site in the whole week of being on here posting, thanks!

p.s. yea i knew about the eprom, and how the newer ecus wont save the data u put on it with the dsm link ;)

hey....that last one u put on there ffwd connection bought a 4g63 block and crank from me out of my old galant off ebay, yea this was before i knew i could have used the block for a dsm build... :rolleyes:

importlegions said:
ive searched, but havent found the info i want exactly. im looking into buying a newer 97-98 gst. ill be using a dsmlink to adjust a/f ratio in this build, butnow on to my questions...

1. i want to build a 6 bolt block, to save on wiring hassels could i use my 7 bolt turbo head/intake mani/ turbo mani. without any machining and bolt it directly onto the 6 bolt block? (using the original mounts)

2. do companys sell blocks pre-built? i would like to get a 6 bolt and stroke it to a 2.3 with a aftermarkit piston/ and 100mm crank combo, but if i could just buy one for not to much id go that route, since i havent had to replace pistons and bearings before, id rather not have the chance of me screwing somthin important up.

thanks for ur help!

matt

You can use all your 2g manifolds as well as your 2g head. However you will have to do a little machining to get the holes for the head bolts/studs 1mm bigger. Otherwise, everything will still fit. There are companies who will sell pre-built blocks. Check many of the sponsors on the site.

im tryin to talk to the guy who bought the block from me...maybe i can get a deal :) , all n all, how hard was ur 6 bolt swap? ive done civic swaps *shudders*-yea i hate honda now, and a galant swap, so hopefully i wont have ne problems

Overall, I'd say the swap isn't too difficult for someone with moderate car knowledge. Just make sure you label everything. A few people have come across a thermostat issue due to some 1g blocks not having a banjo plug on the front of it but it can be easily solved with a tee. Probably the hardest part for me was putting the actual block into the car. I did it without a lift or cherry picker, and with the tranny and cross member still in the car. Truly a ghetto job involving some muscles and a floor jack. :laugh: Let me know if you have problems/issues. I'll be happy to answer anything for you.

haha sounds good, ill be using the cherry picker from a back of my dads tractor, yea redneckville here we come haha.

well there's the answer to my question. i didn't think that you could remove the block with out the tranny. guess i'll try that. i have a friend with a portable lift. going for a 6-bolt in my 94 Laser. got me on how the damn piston on #2 let itself loose doing 30 mph at under 2000rpm? should see the spark plug!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back