The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

4g seats in our DSM's ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you want Recaro seats... why not just buy a set of proper Recaros, with the sliders meant to fit our cars, instad of trying to make the 4G ones fit (if that information is accurate)? They aren't going to be cheap, either way. But I very much doubt that they would have a snowball's chance in hell of bolting straight up to our cars with no modification, if that's what you're asking.
If you're asking about opinions on looks, the Appearance/Interior/Exterior subforum is up at the top.

The said 4g eclipse seats: from the spyder at least..

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

other pics

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/eclipse/08/images/gallery/interior/ecl08_pglgprev_in_4.en-us.jpg

They indeed look nice. I notice the driver seat too is powered such as those included in GSXs and some talons. But finding and buying them will be a hassle and pricey, and then of course seeing if they can mount straight up or have to buy frames/rails/custom stuff. To a point where its so much more work and perhaps equal the amount if we went getting sparcos, recaros, etc. from the get go.

But if they were given to me for free or dirt cheap, I would try to make them work. ;)

I've wanted 4g seats in my 2g for the longest time! Ex of mine has a 4g... I got to drive that every day and loved them seats... But locating them is hard... hardly anyone with a 4g wants aftermarket seats.

I really like keeping the theme Mitsubishi... I want an aftermarket steering wheel, and keep the air bag, so I got a Evo Momo Steering wheel on the way... :D

Trust me, I'll be showing pics when it comes in... All I need now is a new airbag controler.. the lil box under the arm wrest. Should be very sexy!

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I have access to some 4G seats for free, so I was wondering if anyone was able to make them fit in their 2G. If so, could you please PM me or post here on how you did it. Thank you so much everyone

^^ If you have access to them for free, you could always take them, try them out and worst case if they don't fit, sell them.

I've wanted 4g seats in my 2g for the longest time! Ex of mine has a 4g... I got to drive that every day and loved them seats... But locating them is hard... hardly anyone with a 4g wants aftermarket seats.

My sister has a 4G GT and I find the seats terribly uncomfortable.

thread bump! not really but kinda....put some 4g seats in my car. they came from a wrecked 2008 eclipse with only 1200 miles on it. picked em up for hella cheap :rocks:

the drivers seat is almost a near bolt in besides the rear brackets needing fabbed up. the passenger seat was a major pita and had to completely fabricate the brackets. looks :cool: all said and done though :D

i will most likely mimic the seats with the door fabric next

note: don't forget to replace the seat belt stock female side if keeping the stock seatbelts

note #2: ignore the fugly shift boot that's temporary

Attachments

• 4g_seat1.jpg
    4g_seat1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 5,113
  • 4g_seat2.jpg
    4g_seat2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 5,912
i like! i have a set of evo9 recaros in my 2g, now i might just get these and slap them in the 1g. ;) if you can get some pics of the install/bracket "customizing" that would be great. so we can have a better look at what you did. thanks.

i like! i have a set of evo9 recaros in my 2g, now i might just get these and slap them in the 1g. ;) if you can get some pics of the install/bracket "customizing" that would be great. so we can have a better look at what you did. thanks.

i second third fourth and fifth this. I want those seats in my 1g.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back